Any pics, opinions on ASplashed Leather?

leafwatcher(zone 5)May 14, 2012

I think I have the name correct, they had it at Flying Frogs.. wondered what you guys think of it..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trudy_gw

'Splashed Leather' would not be my choice of a streaked plant. Noticed Flying Frog has 'Dorset Clown' on their list for $50 which is more than the SL. Much nicer grower in my opinion, but maybe others have had good luck.

I was once bidding on one at an auction, it went quite high $$$, later saw a mature plant and boy was I glad I had not wond the auction! If you are interested in hybridizing, DC has given us some very nice seedlings.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 6:53PM
franknjim

I am paying $27.00 for a second year tissue culture of Dorset Clown which is what they are selling for $50.00 except theirs would probably be a year or two older. I am also getting Kaleidochrome for $12.00 as a first year TC, the frogs have it for $35.00. I don't mind growing them out myself and they do bloom the first year so crosses can be made while they are still small. I am getting 8 streakers this year for under $200.00. They come from Q&Z through the co-op.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:04PM
trudy_gw

Good deal fanknjim!

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Hosta Trek fans … we lost Mr. Spock
May he live long and prosper in the garden … Miss...
bragu_DSM 5
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Anyone wanna do Leaf shots? Hosta 'Dream Queen'
Who needs slo-poke 'Thunderbolt'? fwiw, hh
hostahillbilly
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™