Hoya Seed Pods

CazmelbNovember 11, 2013

Hi Everyone, new member here. I have found to my surprise, one of my hoya plants has approximately 9 seed pods. I am a naughty hoya grower as I have lost the name, but I think it is a variety of Hoya Obvata.

I have no experience with these, and really don't want to miss the opportunity to try and grow some baby hoya's.

Any advice. I will get some gauze from work (a nurse!) and attach around to catch, but have no idea how long I have.

I am in Melbourne Australia and have had this plant, along with 4 or 5 others for over 10 years. Very excited hoya mama!

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Caz

Here is a link that might be useful: More pics of pods here

This post was edited by Cazmelb on Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 18:55

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cazmelb

Well after a bit of digging (down the side of the pot) I have found that it is in fact a Hoya Fungii. I have the necessary bits to cover them now, so will do this in the morning.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 4:44AM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Congrats! Below is a link that might help you...Good luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed pods

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 12:13PM
teisa(6)

Hi!

Congratulations on your seeds! Here in the US Hoya seeds are pretty rare. I have never had any. But a Great friend had 2. She was kind enough to share them with me!!

I put them in a container we get for take food (like Chinese). They have a clear top lid. I put them in really fast draining soil with alot of perilite. I also tried some in just moss. The seeds were just laid on top of both and watered everyday.

They sprouted in like 2 days! The plants are now 1- 1 1/2 " tall. I'm starting to now LIGHTLY fertilize.

I hope his helps. If there is anything I can help with, let me know. I'm not an expert by any means. Lol but we can figure this out together!

Teisa

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 1:32PM
Cazmelb

Thank you for those links. I will definately keep you updated on their progress. Seems I have a bumper crop!

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 4:48PM
More Discussions
extending bamboo life
Do you dip these into anything to extend their life?...
greentoe357
My First Hoya Adventure
Hi everyone, over the past few months I have been lurking...
SnowStorm
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™