The Slowdown Has Started!

donnalovesblueSeptember 25, 2009

While I'm still blessed with many hummers, I've noticed a decline over the past 2 days. The feeders are not being emptied at break neck speed as they have been! There is just one lone male among all the females (lucky little guy!) and he keeps trying to guard one particular feeder to no avail...guess he's outnumbered!

So it looks like the end is slowly approaching. I may take down a few feeders and leave their favorites up. Sad to see 'em leave, but it's been a remarkable season.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mimidi(z8)

Yes it has. I had hummingbirds all over the place Sunday but Monday they had slowed down to a drip.

I have had several to come in this afternoon. They look real well fed and I have plenty of flowers and full feeders for them. There are also so many wild flowers growing in the fields, pastures, and roadsides for them They will not be leaving here hungry.

Bookmark   September 25, 2009 at 6:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
penny1947(z6 WNY)

I only have one migrant here in NY right now but I have more flowers than one hummer can possibly empty so between the flowers and the feeders which she is using the most she is going to leave here well fed.

Penny

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 12:06AM
More Discussions
Cleaning feeders
I have a question about how to clean mold out of the...
Jenn.B
Hello from Florida
Hello all, I have recently added a butterfly garden...
angelimperfect36
Reminscing
Just dreaming of what`s to come on this frosty (0 F)...
shillanorth Z4 AB
Feeding schedule at weekend home
Greetings all, We get hummingbirds at our weekend home...
motherofdog
Hummingbirds in Florida?
Ok, I've lived in Florida for 20 years now and have...
SnickerKitten
Sponsored Products
Elena Outdoor Sofa - NAVY
$2,800.00 | Horchow
VIG Furniture - Modern Leather Sectional Sofa - 5021B - VGEV-SP-5021B
Great Furniture Deal
Black and White Bathroom Sink | White Polish Bean Shape Sink
maestrobath
Builders Edge 14W in. Closed Board-N-Batten Arch Top Vinyl Shutters - 0901400450
$132.99 | Hayneedle
Sea Shell Tiffany Style Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Design House Trevie 52 in. 3-Light Satin Nickel Ceiling Fan
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™