my hoya kerrii is putting out leaves

stevenwayne(6 sw)November 19, 2009

it have 5 that i have counted i got it about 2 months ago from a woman for 2 bucks its quite large the stem is about 3 feet and has 5 pendicles i wondering if it is normal for it to be pushing out leafes in the middle of winder i mean i keep it warm in my house about 75 during that day and about 70 at night

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patrick51(5)

Yes Steven...if the plant is being kept warm and has sufficient light it'll continue growing...but, the most pronounced growth is in the summer, in the case of most hoyas. Many of my hoyas are still sending out vines and leaves...lots of leaves!! BTW, did you get your H. multiflora from Joni yet? If so, what are your impressions? Ya gotta keep us updated kiddo!!! Best wishes, Patrick

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 12:46AM
stevenwayne(6 sw)

no i haven't gotten it yet. i just talked to her she is sending it out saturday so ill probabaly get it monday or tuesday. whenever it gets here ill take some pics

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 2:29AM
maidinmontana(Zone 5 Billings MT)

Much to my surprise my kerrii is getting new leaves too. In the past motnth thre has been a total of 8. They are coming in two by two. It looks like there's going to be a vine in between the most recent ones. . .

They sure take a long time to mature. Must be cuz the are so thick and big.

I'm just happy to see it's happy :)

Maid~

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 8:50AM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

My experience w/ green H kerrii is that it's quite happy to grow all year long (I grow indoors only). Mine loves to grow long bare vines in Spring & then fill in afterwards.

Reverse Kerrii is another story altogether -- in 2.5 yrs. I've had the cutting, it has grown TWO leaves, both deformed in shape.

My variegated Kerri grows Hydro & seems to have slowed down for Winter (I only got it in Oct. 08, so am still new to its winter habits).

All green H Kerrii is one of the most vigorous Hoyas I've had to date. Don't be surprised if it keeps growing all winter.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 12:13PM
stevenwayne(6 sw)

ill be quite happy as long as she is. i think its pushing out another pendicle with the new leaves with is eciting i have a ton of hoyas. yet i haven't had a flower yet . they are still young most of them i got as cuttings they are growing like wild grom it seems a foot at a time.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 7:48PM
More Discussions
sweethearth2015
In search of Shooting Star
Hi Everyone - I am just getting into Hoyas and I would...
Houndhome
H. carnosa
I got these as cuttings from my father's plants, he...
tropicbreezent
Here we go (again!!!)
Just put in a huge order with Epiphytica. Lol. I swear,...
aurorawa
Suffering Hindu Rope
I have a little hoya (about 8" long) that's been...
ccj962
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
$15.20 | Home Depot
Loll Racer Lounge Chair - Loll Designs
$475.00 | HORNE
Citrus Yellow Small Gourd Accent Table Lamp
$29.95 | Lamps Plus
Round Stainless Steel Step Wastebasket
Overstock.com
Urbancase | The Ledge Wall System
YLiving.com