Three little ladies still hanging around!

deedee1028September 17, 2009

I've not seen any males for about a week, only have 3 girls that are fighting over the feeders. They really have come to trust us....I go out daily and hold the feeder and they'll fly up and drink from it and they follow my husband in and out of the garage as he's doing yard work so we have to be really careful and make sure they're not in there before we close the garage door. I think the hummers are leaving earlier this year here in the St. Louis, metro area. I hope fall and winter fly by I'll miss my hummers and bluebirds.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donnalovesblue

Lucky you...I've tried the hand feeding to no avail! That must be an awesome experience. I'm already missing my bluebirds since the 2nd brood fledged on 7/3. Won't be much longer until I'll begin missing my hummers as well.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 5:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob_a(9)

deedee, the hummers following your husband into the garage and out makes me smile. And I'm not surprised. Mine got so used to me standing next to the feeders, they just flew around me to get to them, chirping. I think they were irritated with me, wanting me to get out of the way and just go sit in my chair! LOL

A friend of mine at work often gets hummers in her garage. She and her husband have to catch them to take them out.
R

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Skeeters
Humer feeder too low so I dumpt it out to refill and...
mxyplx
Re-post from vine forum-Coral Honeysuckle
I posted this in the vine forum but thought it might...
hbwright
how to germinate Seven-Up plant
Howdy, To attract hummingbirds to my Zone 8 coastal...
seedmoney
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
Petunia Species integrifolia & exserta & Hummers?
I was reading an academic journal about original Petunia...
ladyrose65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™