anyone know a dog breeding forum like this one

farmfreedomJuly 16, 2008

I have not found any on the web . There are new breeds of dogs being developed continuously like it or not. It would be nice if we could plan a breeding program on paper from past experience of others as we do here , because with dogs "I" can not eat my mistakes and culls.

Does anyone know of such a forum ?

please let me know

farmfreedom@hotmail.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blueangel(7b)

farmfreedom
try these
Dog Channel.com
http://forums.doghobbyist.com/forum.php?catid=23.

Blueangel

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 5:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jodik_gw

You can, and should be, planning breedings... if you're a breeder. The technology to look into the future of a breeding, and keep data on a breeding program, has been available since the advent of the computer! There are several programs on the market, but CompUped is, by far, the best and most accurate one available. It's not cheap, but as you say... you can't eat your culls. The program pays for itself in no time!

Any breeder that isn't crunching data before locking two dogs together cannot be called a breeder! It's important to know things beforehand, like the inbreeding coefficient, for example. Breed a pretty dog to a pretty dog, and all you get are puppies. You're not doing anything to further, or maintain, the breed of your choice.

Genetics are not a secret... the codes have been unlocked and understood since the late 1950's, so there's no excuse for not combining history, science and math... and producing top quality canines!

Knowledge is the key to success!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Tomatillo hybrids?
I grow tomatillos, usually from the abundant volunteers...
jimster
Please explain about F1 hybrids
Can someone please explain, in plain, simple, elementary...
tete_a_tete
Plants for the most impatient hybridizers (i.e., students!)
I posted this message on the house plants forum before...
clibanarius
Anyone breeding blackberries for zone 4
Tired of zone 5 blackberries that can not handle zone...
jerry63
Mandevilla varieties x M. laxa for improved cold tolerance?
Hi, I really love the beautiful flowers of all types...
greenfrog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™