Can anyone identify this Lacecap Hydrangea?

Naomijo(5)February 10, 2013

I dug this up at my sister's house because she was going to throw it away because it wouldn't bloom. It blooms faithfully for me, but I would love to know which one it is and I haven't been able to identify it by doing internet searches. It starts out white and then turns light pink and gets pinker as the season goes on.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Could it be Lanarth White or Veitchii White?

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 7:45PM
Naomijo(5)

They look very similar. After reading up on Lanarth White and Veitchii White, it seems like they both stay white. The one in the picture turns from white to light pink to dark pink. It drives me crazy not know which one it is.

Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:04PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Hee hee hee. "They look similar." is so true with so many hydrangeas. I wish the leaves would ALSO be different because once the blooms disappear, they are difficult to distinguish.

By the way, I do not have Veitchii but had Lanarth once and it turned pink after, oh?, 3-4 weeks? As all hydrangeas do turn colors, I would expect Veitchii to do the same as well.

But do not feel so bad not knowing. I have one mophead that came with the house and the owner had no idea which variety it was. Then I bought another from Lowe's. It was supposed to be Nikko Blue and turned out to be a lacecap. Oh yeah, and a couple of hydrangeas are by the front door came with the house too. Unknown varieties too. Brother...

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 1:27PM
Naomijo(5)

Well thank you so much luis_pr. I am going with Lanarth and I am not going to think about it any more.

Bookmark   February 12, 2013 at 3:30PM
More Discussions
Temperatures supposed to be in mid-twenties...
Saturday night here in piedmont NC...I have seven fairly...
nini804
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
Should I prune this hydrangea?
It came in a small 4" pot. I have transplanted...
cakbu z9 CA
Anyone use shrub covers to overwinter in zone5?
I was looking at ways to protect my hydrangeas next...
jager1
where to order hydrangea?
Hi, I want to get Zinfin Doll and Bloomstruck hydrangea...
Brooks23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™