Info on little lime

tulips101(5a sterling il.)March 11, 2013

I was thinking about putting 2 little lime hydrangeas or 2 little lambs in the front of my hoise im going to take out 5 evergreenns that have seen there better days.But the house is white and i was thinking little lime might be better contrast.
Would anyone have maybe some better ideas i would like to keep in the 5 foot range it getts a good amount of shade and faces north im in zone 5.
Im new at this maybe someone might even have better ideas about some flowering shrubs for this place it would be 2 on west side then 2 on east side with a cement porch in the middle.
Isure could use some help thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Paniculatas do not need much shade -- in fact, they will grow better and produce heavier flowering if given a fair amount of sun (even full sun). Little Lime starts out green but eventually whitens and then turns pink. It does have a greater range of color than Little Lamb and will stay smaller, so perhaps a better choice.

What about a regular big leaf hydrange? These are far more desirous of a shadier location and most of the reblooming cultivars are fully hardy for your area without winter protection as well as offering much more intensely colored flowers. Many of these are also much more compact in habit than the non-rebloomers and can be more easily pruned to size anyway. Some to consider are H. macrophylla Endless Summer, Twist 'n Shout, Let's Dance Starlight, Mini Penny and Pistachio.

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
Nikko Blue size
I planted a tiny bare root stick of a Nikko Blue Last...
NVL4
Hydrangea Annabelle - Will it grow in Florida?
I fell in love with Hydrangea Annabelle when I was...
love_the_yard
Annabelle hydrangea
Well, it's approaching January & I'm thinking spring....
sally6340
Ericaceous compost for hydrangea
I have grown hydrangeas in containers since last summer....
jchad214
where to order hydrangea?
Hi, I want to get Zinfin Doll and Bloomstruck hydrangea...
Brooks23
Sponsored Products
Blue And Red "K" Striped Monogram Kids Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Space Rocket Twin-size 5-piece Bed in a Bag with Sheet Set
Overstock.com
Allure Key Lime Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$699.00 | Bellacor
Slither Clear Dining Side Chair Set of 4 in Clear
$619.00 | LexMod
POLYWOOD Chairs Bayline Patio Bar Arm Chair in Textured Silver/White/Citrus
Home Depot
Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Adventures of Thomas Multi-Pack Bro
$32.99 | Hayneedle
Lead Gray Linen Empire Lamp Shade 3x5x4.5 (Clip-On)
$50.00 | Lamps Plus
Belle de Jour Rug 8'3" x 11'6" - BROWN/RED
$1,619.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™