Pictures

charlene_in_iowa(5 Zone)September 18, 2012

Hi there,

I'm hoping this is "on-topic" enough for this side. I'm curious what camera everyone is using for pictures. A camera that can take clear hummingbird video and photo. We've just been flooded with hummingbirds since recently placing our feeders, and wanted to capture some video. We haven't had good luck.

We've recently purchased a Nikon Cool-pic, S3300. The video was grainy, and the camera is going back.

In anticipation of a new camera, what are you using? We'd like a "camera" for normal, routine things.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ctnchpr

charlene, I have a Canon S5, a good little camera, but I think they're not made anymore. The newer one are much better.

Here is a close-up video of 1 feeder in a group of 15...

Here is a link that might be useful: Video

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 1:24PM
mbrowne(9b Central CA)

It would be great to see more pictures in the forum. I use a Canon T2i - I think it is an excellent camera. I don't do video, but here are a few shots from this season:

From today:

From last month:

Springtime:

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 3:26PM
charlene_in_iowa(5 Zone)

You both have posted wonderful pictures. I've attempted to attach a video, I'm pretty close to the hbird, but just the camera is grainy.
I agree, it would be nice to have more pictures-and I'll def try to post-I just need to select a new camera, first :) I'm going to research the Canon series.
Thank you both for your feedback!

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b239/charlenemp/?action=view&current=Keep_zpse10f5f3f.mp4&evt=user_media_share

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 6:28PM
mbrowne(9b Central CA)

Nice. I think you did a good job with your camera. Tough shot with the backlighting. I don't know if a DSLR is the way to go for video - seems like there are too many tradeoffs compared to a dedicated camcorder. My T2i will do HD video, BTW, it's just that I don't use it :)

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 3:36AM
More Discussions
Reminscing
Just dreaming of what`s to come on this frosty (0 F)...
shillanorth Z4 AB
how to germinate Seven-Up plant
Howdy, To attract hummingbirds to my Zone 8 coastal...
seedmoney
Skeeters
Humer feeder too low so I dumpt it out to refill and...
mxyplx
Feeding schedule at weekend home
Greetings all, We get hummingbirds at our weekend home...
motherofdog
Hello from Florida
Hello all, I have recently added a butterfly garden...
angelimperfect36
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™