Going Christmas Shopping Tomorrow...

moonwolf_gwDecember 1, 2010

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow, I will be going Christmas shopping and I'll be around Lowe's and HD too. So, we all know what that means! I shall report back if and when I do get another plant whether it's a hoya or not. Onychoides and motoskei don't look too well right now (I think I let them dry out for too long) and we all know what happened to my lacunosa! I might even pick up a Krimson Queen again if they have one!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Good luck! I've seen a lot of H. carnosa tricolor (aka Krimson Queen?) lately!
A Ceropegia of some sort probably wouldn't mind hanging out with your Hoyas, either ;)

Speaking of Christmas shopping...I just picked up a Giant Chainfern for my brother today.
Now I'm working on a batch of potting mix to fill a wooden planter for the fern. I'm going
to get everything mixed ahead of time in a plastic bag, then I'll do the actual potting down
at my brother's house....that way I can avoid the hassle of transporting a bulky container.

Let us know how it goes!

Josh

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 6:28PM
moonwolf_gw

Hi Josh,

Actually, a string of hearts is one of the plants I'm hoping to find! I hope your brother enjoys the fern.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 9:03PM
greedygh0st

I hope you find something fun! I love Krimson Queen, moreso, since I acquired a Krimson Princess and realized how deeply annoyed I am by its thin flabby leaves.

Do you really think motoskei and onychoides are in danger of biting the dust? It's true onychoides doesn't like to dry out, but mine has pulled through some tight spots.

It sounds like you've got last-minute wrapping down to a fine art, Josh. I love giving people plants too and my sisters send me pictures every time their gifts bloom, I think to prove that they haven't killed them. I once told them that when I died, I was going to be cremated and distributed among my plants so that everyone would be forced to keep my collection alive or kill me again. They were pretty irritated with me that day.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 10:42AM
ladygreensleeves

To GG.... to quote you... "I love giving people plants too and my sisters send me pictures every time their gifts bloom, I think to prove that they haven't killed them. I once told them that when I died, I was going to be cremated and distributed among my plants so that everyone would be forced to keep my collection alive or kill me again. They were pretty irritated with me that day".

ROTFLOL.....I'm glad I'm not the only one to ever say that!

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 12:08PM
moonwolf_gw

GG, onychoides looks like it bit the dust (all shriveled and limp) :(. Motoskei has wrinkled leaves and has a hard time staying in the pot (I cut the stems back to the soil line on my old plant that I got and stuck them in a new clay pot. It was too moist in the old plastic pot I had it in).

I did get two new plants! See them under my new post!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 5:02PM
greedygh0st

LGS- !!! I'm happy to be in such good company. ^_^*

Brad- I'm sorry to hear about onychoides and motoskei. This season is very trying.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
Hanging Basket Idea
Hello all, I've just started to collect a few hoya...
alvaandr
Bloom trigger?
Growers, Hoya beginner here....I grow a wide variety...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™