franknjim

paul_in_mn(4b)May 20, 2012

Looking to add a post and noticed a bunch of pics gone from franknjim. Check a few older posts and notice all pictures gone and don't remember a post from him recently.

Anyone got any news? Or e-mail me if appropriate.

Thanks - Just Wondering.

Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaLes(5)

I noticed the same thing. He was posting pretty heavily, like 3-4 every day and suddenly he stopped. I hope he's ok. I made fun of using one of the maple seeds he promisssed to send me to give size perspective to my hosta pics. Normally that would get a response and it didn't.

I have reason to be over sensitive about this and truly hope that is all it is. Maybe he has just taken a trip or something.

Les

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 8:17PM
leafwatcher(zone 5)

I think the pictures should still work unless they were intentionally deleted, or a server crashed wherever they were hosted?

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:55PM
bernd ny zone5

Perhaps his computer is on the blink. Mine was infested with malware in spite of McAfee, Spysweeper and Window Wash. It took several days, then a pain to get all the devices going again and find the old bookmarks.
In respect to Photobucket, perhaps he has problems there. In my case they no longer accept my id, I can no longer post pictures.
Bernd

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 8:32AM
hostaLes(5)

He has posted A LOT of pictures. Could he have run into a problem trying to reformat his pics to the new Garden Web management system?

Les

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:42AM
franknjim

I have had one of those interuptions in life that sometimes happen. I hadn't planned on coming back here but I just received something in the mail today from one of you on here. There was no return address or name on the box or the letter that was enclosed. It was the gift of a very rare hosta. I had done something nice last year for a couple of ladies that had gotten a raw deal in a secret swap. The person that sent me this hosta noticed what I had done for them.

It pains me to say that as of a few days ago I no longer have my garden. All of my hosta have been given away to strangers. I don't mind giving things away, I do it all the time. What was strange to see was that none of the 20-30 people took the name tags of the hosta even though they were all there. Go figure.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 3:34PM
coll_123(5)

Frank, I am so shocked to hear this. I am glad you checked in and really hope that everything is ok in your life. :(

You were so nice so send me a hosta the year my garden got ruined by hail....you are a very kind man and I truly hope everything is all right.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 3:38PM
paul_in_mn(4b)

Hope things work out for you.

Paul

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 3:42PM
ogrefcf(5-6 UT)

Frank, I mostly lurk here, but always enjoyed your posts, pictures, knowledge, and harassing Ken about growing Hostas under Maples. You always seemed like a truly really good person. I hope things are okay and work out for you. Sorry about the interruption and hope things work out.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 3:59PM
CindyCRNA(6a)

Frank, I have only been here a short time but you were always so helpful to me. My heart aches for whatever is going on. I can't even imagine. My eye are tearing up and I really don't know you but know of your generosity. I hope this is a small hiccup.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 4:13PM
Gesila(MI Z5)

Frank,

I'm so sorry to hear of your interruption in life. You must be destined to have hostas in your future. You give them all away and then one comes in the mail, go figure!

It seems by col's post, that you are a very generous man! Kind deeds don't go unnoticed. Best of luck to you in the future.

Gesila

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 4:20PM
jan_on zone 5b

Frank - I have tears in my eyes as I type this, and I'm sure many who post here feel the same way. Although I wouldn't recognize you if we passed on the street I consider you a friend, and the dismantling of your garden leaves me reeling in shock. One of your photos is my current wallpaper, so I think of you every time I turn on my computer. My prayers are with you, and I hope that whatever bump in the road has slowed you down, it is only temporary and that there are good things ahead for you very soon.
Jan

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 4:22PM
tepelus z6a SW MI

I'm so sorry to hear this! Here's hoping for the best for you.

Karen

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 4:47PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Oh, Frank, what awful news! Hope the problems can resolved.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 4:49PM
nutmeg4061(5b)

Frank,
you probably don't remember me as I don't post often, but I am also reeling at your news. I think of you as one of the greatest hosta lovers there is. I recall all of your beautiful pets on the conversation side of the hosta forum. I've always been stunned by your photos and the care and hard work you give your garden. I am saddened and shocked and also have tears in my eyes. You've talked about seed starting and hybridizing and I've thought to myself "I would HONORED one day to have the opportunity to purchase a new plant from Frank!" Perhaps the plant you received in the mail is indeed a sign, a good sign, a sign of a hopeful future.
I wish you peace of mind, hope and love. I know many of us do. Many here care about you. Please don't leave the forum if at all possible.
I wish you strength and hope to overcome your current situation.
Never ever ever give up.
All my best to you,
Michelle

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 5:11PM
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b

Frank,

I'm so sorry to hear of your circumstances. I've always been in awe of your energy and skill in developing your gardens. I hope someday you get to garden again under tall Oaks with acres of room. When you do, let us know and we'll be there to help.

Best wishes,

Steve

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 5:20PM
mary52zn8tx

Hate to hear about your garden. I have always enjoyed your pictures and posts. I will miss you. Hope things work for the best for you.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 5:25PM
bkay2000(8a TX)

I"m sorry for your unfortunate circumstances. I don't pray much, but I'll say a prayer for you.

bkay

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 6:02PM
bernd ny zone5

Frank, I wish you the best. You had the lowest point days ago, now it only can get better. See it as a change to better opportunities.
Good luck!
Bernd

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 6:14PM
caliloo(z6/7)

I too am so sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time.... please know that you have brought so much to all of us here and you are missed.

I hope everything works out for you in the future and you will once again be back on a long term basis.

Alexa

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 7:36PM
hosta_freak(z6 NC)

Frank,although you always bugged me about your disdain for big box stores,I still wish you the best,and I hope you will recover from whatever caused you to give up your garden. We hope you don't have to give up your love of hostas forever! Phil

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 8:36PM
coll_123(5)

Gesila, not only did Frank send me a hosta to plant in the new bed I planned for the spot where the storm took down a tree, he wanted to send me several. I refused to accept more than one because he was too generous.

Frank, I haven't stopped thinking of you all day since reading your post. Life has obviously thrown you a major curveball and I hope that you will check in and let us know how you are doing at some point. I feel really sad for you, as I imagine many of us do.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:27PM
donrawson(Z 5)

Hi Frank,

We've never met, but I can identify with you on a small scale. About two weeks ago, we found out my dear wife has cancer. There's been a lot of ups and downs during the last several days. Now we are preparing for surgery, etc. You never know what life is going to bring. Frank, I don't know what you've been facing, but I want to send a word of encouragement and offer a prayer for you tonight. May God shine His grace on you in the days ahead...

Don

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:31PM
hostaLes(5)

Frank - I have been planted by my computer for weeks,and today was spent supervising my daughter Sharon as we tried to complete the electricity for her pool that I started but couldn't finish. So I am totally shocked and hope I am not too late; that you are still monitoring our responses.

I've had a couple of such times in my life. I am sure it must be very traumatic for you to give up what has been such a passion. It is my deepest and most sincere wishes that, given time, the trauma will ebb and peace will be in your life. If you happen to stop by Hosta Forum again, I for one, if I am around will welcome your return with cannons and church-bells.

My toast to you!

Les

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:50PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Oh dear, always the last to hear something, and I too hope you monitor your post. Frank, I noticed before today that you were not inserting your photos and the witty comments, and the great ideas for making a garden glow with life.

I started this morning dealing with a parrot problem for a friend in Germantown NY just diagnosed with a brain tumor and pulmonary problems as well. She is THE person who was always an example to the rest of us about how to be a good birdy mama. There is a need for more people like you and My Friend Nancy (yes, I'm looking for that hosta now), who always give more than their share, have compassion yet also bring reality to whatever they are dealing with.

What does not kill you makes you stronger, that I do believe and see it happening every day to people I know. This is a hard one, wouldn't want to deal with it more than ONCE for sure, but you can come back from this black funk you are in.

When you do, we'll be so very happy to see you on the forum.
Big hugs, and a spoon full of sugar....
Barbara

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 10:24PM
frostynyc(7)

I echo the sentiments of the previous posters. I always look forward to your posts and your comments, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever is going on in your life.

Hopefully you continue to visit the forum. We can all benefit from your knowledge, your insight, your participation in our little community.

Rich

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 10:34PM
garybr

Even though I rarely post, I feel as though this little community is like family. One thing I know is that family is always there for each other and know that we are all there for you!
Gary

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 10:47PM
Wendys_garden(5b Great Lakes)

OMG Frank, I cannot even fathom what could have happened that would result in the total loss of your beloved hostas.

I don't know the reasons why this happened to you, but if you are able to have a hosta garden again in the future, you can have divisions off of my hostas to help you get a garden started again. Seeds too.

Take care, and please keep in contact with us.
Wishing & hoping for the best for you,
Wendy

P.S. to Don R... my thoughts are with you too as your wife goes through her cancer treatment. All the best to you as well.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 11:41PM
squirejohn zone4 VT

I hope everything works out for the best Frank.

When ever I see your posts I envision you standing next to that monsterous Samual Blue.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 5:37AM
gayle0000(zone 5-Normal IL)

Frank....I don't like the sound of this...not one bit. Keep your chin up. I will pray for you.
Gayle

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 6:24AM
tomahawkclaim

Like so many of the others, I'm in tears as I write this. It seems like it's only been days since you wrote about your beautiful blue Samuel. Bless you in this time of trial. Like the others, I would eagerly send hosta from my garden if you ever get a chance to start another garden. Nancy

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 6:38AM
Jagd51(5)

Like so many, I too wish you the best, and speedy resolution to whatever curve ball was sent your way. If you get going on another garden, I would be happy to share as well.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 6:54AM
irawon(5a Ottawa)

OMG Frank, how did this happen? How could strangers take your beautiful hostas? How can I help? You've always been such a great source of advice to me and others, so please dmail me if you can.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:01PM
chris-e(7 MD)

Frank,

As you can see, all of the people here consider you a friend and wish you the best with whatever you are going through. I want to add my name to that list and say that without you and your pictures this forum will be a little less bright and not as much fun.

chris

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:17PM
almosthooked

I am new on the forum but I feel I have missed out on a very informative and wonderful person. I wish you all the best in your troubled times and would like to see you bounce back in the near future and give us newbies all your knowledge in the hosta world.
Faye

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 12:02AM
anniegolden(z7a)

I ssat here for the longest time trying to decide what to say, and then I almost decided not to post at all because you doesn't know me. You lost your garden. You lost your garden. You lost your garden. I am grieving for you.
Christine

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 7:48AM
Eleven(Metro Detroit 6A)

Like Annie, I wasn't sure what to post. But Frank, I wish you and your family well (yes, this includes your dogs and macaw!). I'll think of you whenever I see the hostas in my garden that you sent me in trade last year. Take care.
Shawna

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 2:07PM
beverlymnz4

Frank, I know that some day we will all lose our gardens, but somehow it doesn't make it less difficult. I'm sorry for your loss and will miss your photos. Like the others I read your posts and enjoyed your photos. God bless you.

Beverly

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 6:08PM
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI

Frank,

When the weight of circumstances pulls you down...

...remember. Summers coming.

The Son does wonderful things.

tj

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
donrawson
DUD hosta of 2014
Following the 2014 Top Gun thread, I thought I'd post...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™