Is This Worth Selling?

aveo5December 15, 2011

I have a 12in rooted cutting of 'H.Imperialis', it is now starting to grow now that it is rooted in some wet sphagnum moss. I was given it for free. Is it worth putting up on E-E-Bay and selling? Or is it to common?

I figured i might as well ask here, before i put it up for sale, and have to pay to sell it. If I am only going to get $5...why bother?

So..is this anything great?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

And that's the problem with eBay these days. I used to sell there, but the fees kill you unless you get a decent amount, and you can't really count on that unless you have something fairly rare. What I've done is set up a "for sale" album on my on line photo sharing site. I know you don't get the exposure you get with eBay, but at least you don't get nailed for fees even if you DON'T sell your product!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 9:44PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

It's not something one ordinarily runs across. I don't do mail order & have never come across this or swapped for it. Nor have I come across it a local Indoor Gardening Society nor when I used to belong to my local Cactus & Succulent Society. I've come across a fair amount of Hoyas but never that one. It's not rare, I'm sure, but I've never seen one in person (I'd certainly buy it for that price& shipping.)

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 11:00PM
Laura_Carnosa

The problem with Kijiji & Ebay is the economy, I think. But someone always wants something for nothing... That's another issue.

Bookmark   December 18, 2011 at 3:15AM
stevenwayne(6 sw)

Is it classic h. Imperialis or a seedlings like raushii seedlings

Bookmark   December 25, 2011 at 10:04PM
aveo5

Well it is the 'classic' variety.It is al of a sudden growing like a weed. It has put out over a foot of growth in 2 weeks! After months of doing nothing,but rooting i guess, now it is almost 2 feet long. i might take the chance and post it on EBay. Seems like when i want a LARGE flowering hoya, they cost a small fortune. Well this IS a large flowering hoya,and ROOTED, so, it must be worth at least $15-20 rooted and growing. I get UNROOTED ones for $30!,and they die.

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 2:13PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Unrooted ones for $30? I don't know where you're ordering from but that seems quite steep.

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 3:00PM
More Discussions
rooting in semi-hydro media
I am going to try rooting my next batch of cuttings...
greentoe357
A little O.T., but relevant...
I've always been a little frustrated by the quandary...
denise_gw
Here we go (again!!!)
Just put in a huge order with Epiphytica. Lol. I swear,...
aurorawa
Bloom trigger?
Growers, Hoya beginner here....I grow a wide variety...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™