A Pictorial Album Under our Iowa Skies

ditasSeptember 7, 2013

Compiled from 2011 & 2012. I no longer take as much of late, except on unusual occasions as I did *A Sad Event* i recently posted.

Click each frame if interested in captions.

Many thanks for viewing this li'l passion of ours under Iowa skies!

Here is a link that might be useful: Li'l Jewels

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mehitabel(z6 MO)

Your pictures are wonderful, Ditas. I like them better than those in the coffee table books, because they show them in a more natural setting.

You've got a couple of little fatties sitting on the wires there. I'm enchanted by the sight of one of them sitting on a wire. I'm torn now about whether to put my wire back up.

Thanks for sharing those, a real treat for me.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 11:58AM
ditas

Thank you for going thru very copious album!

I didn't take as many pictures this season ~ am just enjoying observing a bit closer, more. I usually wear garden Ts in the floral colors or greens, so as to be inconspicuous & unintrussive. I usually am able to get closer ~ I now even carry a syringeful of sugar drink for handy squirt in my palm, to see if I can lure one to come & sip. Wish me luck ~ I was so close to Ms Speedy in her well guarded trellis wire the other day!

BTW I believe Ms Speedy is the same baby-fluffy guarding the trellis cafe in 2011, again in 2012 & this season as well!!! How wonderful if indeed she was!!!

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 12:09AM
mehitabel(z6 MO)

Yes, I believe that. We had a feeder out some years ago and then couldn't put it out the next year, and I saw a hummer hovering in the exact spot where the feeder had been, so I know it had come back.

Now I'm looking forward to next year and I'm going to believe they're the same ones come back.

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 12:28PM
ditas

From what I've read, even the travelers, enroute home, remember the stops along the way, thoughtfully prepared for them ~ by addicts like us (hahaha)!!!

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
Winter Hummingbirds
I put out a hummingbird feeder on November 26th, having...
Breidablik
Cleaning feeders
I have a question about how to clean mold out of the...
Jenn.B
Salvia Leucantha
The hummers and I are enjoying the Fall bloom of my...
mbrowne
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In Your Garden?
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In...
taupe79
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™