I've got a seed pod - now what?

klyde(8)December 22, 2013

Hi all,

It's been ages since last I wrote...

I put my hoya's on my deck every summer, and I noticed that the wasps spent a lot of time on those that were in bloom. Now I've got a seed pod! I've no idea what to do with it. It's green and about 2 inches long.

I wish I could remember the name of the hoya that it is on too. Small, narrowish leaves about 3/4" long with no special coloration. The stems arch and the blooms are a dead ringer for Hoya bella. Anyway, the plants that were in bloom at that time were this, Hoya bella, Hoya lineararis, and one other small hoya that is much like the above except the leaves are small triangles and it blooms like bella too. Curious to know which one pollenated it...if it was linearis (not likely), that would be a hoot.

Anyway, your thoughts and comments would sure be appreciated. It looks like it has a ways to go for ripening, or whatever they heck they do...

Kelly in Victoria :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greentoe357

Kelly, check this out: http://vermonthoyascom.fatcow.com/learning-how-productions/working-with-hoya-seeds/. Very nice seed pod experience from a very good hoya educational site. Come back here and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Bookmark   December 27, 2013 at 2:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klyde(8)

Thanks, I will check it out in detail :)

Cheers,
Kelly in Victoria

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Hoya Krimson Queen with her crown
This is a 15 year old plant , she has never bloomed,...
smi2
Hoya mac "nesbit river"
Even though is only one flower i am excited to see...
sweethearth2015
What hoya is it? Pleace help ID!
I've got this cutting and I really want to know what...
Yuriyaa
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
Is this a hoya?
Don't know if it's a weed or a type of hoya. It's either...
Tanjil Wright
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™