Suggestions for climbing yellow rose

luvidaho_2010(5/6)April 8, 2011

Hi,

I want to plant a yellow climbing rose on my new pergola but am unsure what one would be best for our climate here in the Treasure Valley.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alinitap(6)

I would just buy whatever they sell at the nursery, they should only carry plants that thrive here, otherwise people would return the plants... I bought some a couple years ago from Walmart, only one did not take, and I returned it and got another one for free. My climbing roses are still doing fine to this day...

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 4:56PM
ptboise

Ask Anju at Edwards. She is very knowledgeable. I don't have any yellow climbers - sorry. Also, bear in mind cane-hardy vs cold-hardy.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 9:24PM
luvidaho_2010(5/6)

I did buy a couple from a nursery thinking that they wouldn't have roses that were not hardy here. When I looked them up on the internet I found that one is hardy to zone 5, the other one only to zone 7. I am no too happy about that but had already planted them so I am going to see what happens. Fortunately I didn't pay a huge price for them so won't be out much if they don't survive.
Is Edwards a nursery in Boise? I haven't heard about cane-hardy vs cold-hardy. Guess I need to do more research.
Thank you

Bookmark   April 19, 2011 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Man.....
I started this forum like six years ago, and I gotta...
moulman
Grapes, Berries and Juniper for Nampa?
Just moved into a new place and I'm looking for a few...
takewithplant
Help! My blueberry bushes are dying and I am at my wits end.
I apologize if this topic has been covered a bazillion...
kayleyautumn
Anyone here?
I gearing up to plant a big garden this year! I grow...
happyskunk
Frost on my tomatoes June 16
We had a cold day on Wednesday. I had frost on my roof...
idaho_gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™