Herbacide applicator

rmbradMay 2, 2007

I have been looking for a herbicide applicator. The one I am looking for has a place to put the herbicide, and a wick or sponge on the end of a pole. I use to see these advertised, and think they called them a "weed cane". These are made for spot treating weeds. You wipe the wick or sponge on the individual weed, and it kills just that weed.

Do any of you recall seeing these, and if so what did they call them, who made them, or where can I get one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
botanybob(Northern Idaho)

They are called wick applicators. You can usually find them at farm supply stores or garden centers. If that doesn't work, search online.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 3:46PM
deewee

Made two last year out of pvc pipe. Found the instructions on the Nature Conservancy website. You can also use cotton gloves over rubber gloves, dip your GLOVED hands in herbicide, rub on targeted species. Make sure you wear proper protective clothing! and wash up after.

Bookmark   March 11, 2008 at 8:40AM
Shades_of_idaho(4/5)

deewee, Are you still around? Please come back and post on the Idaho Gardening board. I would love to see it get up and going again. Snice I need so much help with a brand new yard. Also have those nasty weeds. UGH

AND I am a mosaic person. :)

Chris

Bookmark   July 12, 2008 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
crocus not blooming?
hello everyone, I'm brand new to this site and just...
alinitap
Man.....
I started this forum like six years ago, and I gotta...
moulman
Reliable Seed Companies In Idaho.
Hello Everyone, Can someone help me finding list of...
azee_2009
Suggestions for climbing yellow rose
Hi, I want to plant a yellow climbing rose on my new...
luvidaho_2010
red worms in garden before planting
Hi all, We rototilled our garden spot today and wondered...
suziqm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™