My Little Girls Are Gone!

donnalovesblueOctober 26, 2009

Got my hankie out and had to shed a few tears today! Both were still here on Sat., but no sign of them yesterday or today, so I'm pretty certain they've moved on. I will leave 2 feeders up for any stragglers who might come my way.

Rob, if you're reading this, as I mentioned in my other post, be on the lookout for my angels. God bless my last little visitors, and have a safe trip!

Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bdriver71(z6pa)

It's so hard when they leave. Talk about mixed emotions. Go, you need to. Stay, I'll miss you if you go. Sad time of the year. I'm sure Rob will take great care of your girls.

Elaine

Bookmark   October 26, 2009 at 8:27PM
mimidi(z8)

It looks as if mine are gone too. Oh well, now I can get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then it is only a few weeks until the little jewels return.

Bookmark   October 28, 2009 at 7:21PM
rob_a(9)

I've been out of town for almost a week. I expected my pottetd plants to be devastated going that long without water. But it must have rained, they were ok and still blooming.

A cold front is blowing through, but also a nice surprise. Just now I saw a female at one of the feeders. Donna, I think it's one of yours. She zipped in, took a quick sip at a feeder and was gone. She obviously has been snacking here while I was gone.

I'll be up early tomorrow to see if she brought any sisters with her.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 7:36PM
rob_a(9)

New years eve reminds me that it's only sixty days until I have to get my feeders out. March 1. Maybe I should get them out of storage tonight and run them through the dish washer! LOL

Hurry up spring!!

Bookmark   December 31, 2009 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
So sad - Found one of my Hummers dead
Well, actually I didn't find him. My husband did. I...
ladyamity
Re-post from vine forum-Coral Honeysuckle
I posted this in the vine forum but thought it might...
hbwright
Squirrel problems
I have several resident squirrels who seem to be attracted...
Jenn.B
Ants all over hummingbird feeder
New to N Calif, have many hummingbirds nesting in our...
mary11
Salvia Leucantha
The hummers and I are enjoying the Fall bloom of my...
mbrowne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™