County Fair time...

jomama3(North Idaho)August 16, 2006

ANyone entering anything in there county fair this year ?

I love the fair!! my kids are in 4-H. My oldest is a Jr. Master Gardener and i'm entering a few of my fancy chickens. I may enter a few sprigs of phlox but thats about all impressive that came from my garden this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mla2ofus

Good luck to you and your kids! A Jr. Master Gardener? That's impressive! Not one of my chidren like to garden. How many kids do you have and what are they intering in the fair? I do love the fair and use to enter things all the time but I haven't done that in years. Our fair was the first of August but we were on vacation at the time. Maybe I will see if there is anything good enough next year to enter.

Bookmark   August 17, 2006 at 11:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jomama3(North Idaho)

I have 3 children, . My second is entering her veggies that she grew at her JMG garden, she also did a project on Carrots . Her 4-H Art project is also entered , she did that on Mosaic (Mom's Favorite!) she entered a mosaic bowl made from broken tumbled glass. both kids did a "garden creature" and Elizabeth had an oddity carrot. We also entered a few phlox and some Art projects. (and our Rubber ducky collection) we did well mostly blue and red awards. We have been going to the fair everyday , taking care of our chickens there. having ton's of FUN ! Today were going to climb a rock wall and get our faces painted. You'all sould come down and visit the fair !! JoAnn

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
Anyone have bamboo advice in ID?
Hello. I'm in southwest Idaho (Boise) which is high...
bamboo_in_idaho
Anyone here?
I gearing up to plant a big garden this year! I grow...
happyskunk
Grapes, Berries and Juniper for Nampa?
Just moved into a new place and I'm looking for a few...
takewithplant
Man.....
I started this forum like six years ago, and I gotta...
moulman
Harvesting Potatoes
Is it bad to harvest potatoes when the ground is wet?...
pk333111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™