Net Pot Sizes

DogpooJanuary 28, 2013

Is there a standardized chart showing which Net Pot Sizes to use for each type plant/vegetables?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carb

I would like to know this as well. Im currently using 1 3/4 in pots for lettuce. Seems okay

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 8:04PM
eircsmith

Thanks for threads. I am also facing same query and eager to know as well. I am also using 1 1/2 in pot for my plants.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 4:17AM
grizzman

There is no standard. I've grown everything from lettuce and herbs to tomatoes in 2" net pots. It's really just a matter of preference. Unless you need the roots to be contained within the pot, there is not a lot of reason to use larger pots in my opinion. But I am sure others will disagree.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 4:01PM
NonCircNick

I don't have a lot of experience but I will throw in what I have learned. The small 1.5" net pots will basically only fit a piece of rockwool. If you want to add a medium to the net pot then I would suggest a 3.75" net pot or a little bigger.

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 8:45PM
sdgrower

I've grown squash in 5" net pots inside a 6" pvc pipe and tomatoes, peppers and eggplant in the 10" net pots inside 3 gallon buckets. Both ran drip for a few minutes each hour, not constant like nft so I needed more medium. The net pots had grodan and clay pellets. For things in nft or water culture I would use much smaller since the roots grow out the net pot more. For drip and ebb and flow a little bigger is better to hold the moisture. The medium you use makes a big difference too, rock wool holds way more moisture than perlite or clay. There is no set guidelines I've seen but the plant will let you know if it needs a bigger pot.

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 2:42AM
More Discussions
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
Wireless pool/spa thermometer for outdoor hydro grow?
SIAP - I wasn't able to find anything that seemed related...
dustonj2008
8 days into hydroponics- helpppp
Hi everyone, First time with hydroponics and first...
Odarka
Hydroponics
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
resident Teal 4s For Sale of Illinois
Quentin Townsend is a resident Teal 4s For Sale of...
daserigunimi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™