Impatiens Newbie Seeks Coffee Lovers

jpinva(Zone 7)January 28, 2007

Hi, all. I'm looking for impatiens seed collectors who might be interested in a trade for fresh roasted coffee.

We live on several acres of mixed deciduos forest in eastern VA (7 right on the A/B line), with a small yard surrounded by very tall trees. Most of our yard is shady, with partial sun in a few spots. I've tried everything the local nurseries had for shade and partial shade, but the only thing that has really thrived and provided lots of color are the impatiens. I had a few different New Guinea impatiens, mixed colors of a 12 - 18" single impatiens, and some really beautiful double impatiens, all the standard garden center varieties.

This year, I have have set up an indoor seed starting system and a cold frame. I want to start my own impatiens, and I'm hoping to find some good varieties hardy here in zone 7. I am new to seed trading, and I have only a few flower seeds to offer, so I would like to offer one pound of Sumatra Mandheling Harimou Tiger, roasted and shipped the same day via Priority Mail so it arrives when it is in peak freshness. Fresh coffee is almost never available at coffee shops and "beaneries" - this is special. In exchange, I'm hoping to get a selection of impatiens that will do well here in z7 a/b.

If interested, email me. Thanks!

JP

More Discussions
Will Sunpatiens bloom in shade?
I managed to get home from a garden buying trip with...
Bombeni
impatiens leaf rolling down lengthways
http://imgur.com/6saiWNb I live in singapore which...
cameocamel
Impatiens pallida
I once saw this at one creek many years ago, and have...
dbarron
Impatiens...do they really do well in full sun?
I'm not sure if it was the variety of impatiens I purchased...
gwendolyn718
Insecticidal soap killed my impatiens
The subject of my post says it all: I sprayed an insecticidal...
rhaine86
Sponsored Products
Brass Floor Lamp: Impatiens 69.5 in. Antique Brass Floor Torchiere STR11113
Home Depot
Green Rustic Fish Ceramic Planter
$19.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™