Root Stimilator

mavarinApril 18, 2014

I am trying to find information on how often I should use root stimulator on newly planted hydrangeas. I can find information recommending the use of root stimulator but not how often I should apply. I also have a new oak leaf hydrangea planted as well- would the application frequency be any different? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Are these cuttings you have planted or standard sized nursery plants? If the latter, you do not need to use any root stimulator.......roots grow naturally all on their own and quite well at that :-) Root stimulators - apart from rooting hormones used in propagation - are unnecessary and sometimes harmful amendments. SuperThrive, starter fertilizers, B1 root stimulators, etc., do nothing significant to aid in plant growth but are all produced to get you to spend money needlessly.

The best thing you can do to stimulate root development and guard against possible transplant shock is to prepare the planting area carefully and to water the plants in properly after planting.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 2:27PM
More Discussions
What Hydrangea to grow in full sun
Hi, I'm a total newbie to gardening. I want to plant...
Kachana
Are these stems diseased?
Are These little blackish spots on the stems normal...
oberci
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
DEEP blue
When I was growing up my grandmother had big vigorous...
nonconformist_nymphette
Invincibelle� Spirit II Hydrangea arborescens
Does anyone know if the new Invincebelle Spirit Hydrangeas...
teri55
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™