Look !! Giant Impatiens...You don't believe? .

stephaniaMarch 6, 2006

Hey friends, I just posted some photos of a rare Giant Impatiens, Imp. mirabilis, in its habitat and cultivated in our gallery. Please have a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Giant Impatiens

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)

Stephania
That is really cool! I have tried to grow Impatiens mirabilis so far with out much luck. It rotted on me. Its great that you can get seeds to come up every where. There are many, many other species you could try as well. If you ever get tired of some of those seeds send them my way. :)I would love to give them another try.

Bookmark   March 10, 2006 at 12:27AM
stephania

Hey Mrimpatiens! I like your name! and why not, I would be really glad to share the seed. Right now, the plant are waking up and some flowering buds appearing, so it should take about 1-2 months to get some rippen seeds.

Some of my american friends came here last year. He recommended that I should saw the seed in sphagnum, then I tried and it seem to be a good media. But I also found that many seedling which germianted in another caudiciform pots grow very well without any rot in pumice ( 3-5 mm.) media.

Bookmark   March 11, 2006 at 9:03AM
MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)

Please keep me posted. You can send me an email through my website mrimpatiens.com

Bookmark   March 14, 2006 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Impatiens mirabilis
I am not sure if I am placing this query into the correct...
ray_ratliff
winter storage of I.flaniganae tuber?
Should tubers of this species be stored cool and dry...
rredbbeard
impatiens leaf rolling down lengthways
http://imgur.com/6saiWNb I live in singapore which...
cameocamel
Lighting advice
I have balsamina impatiens grown from seed that are...
makingcents
[Please] Need Advice On Germinating New Guinea Imps [Please]
I've propagated from seed for about 5 years now &...
gltrap54
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™