what color bloom does Quick Fire have?

greenqueenApril 5, 2012

I've been researching the Quick Fire but am totally confused on the coloring of the bloom. I realize it's a process of color change, but when I google images some are pink, some burgundy, some really orange red. I'm not a real orange red lover, so trying to get the real facts here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springwood_gardens(6B Pittsburgh)

Blooms start out white, begin to develop a pink hue, and then begin to turn progressively darker through the stages you mentioned all the way into the fall.

This is the case with just about all H. paniculatas, as white is the only primary color of bloom, sometimes mixed with green, with shades of red on the aged flowers. However, Quick Fire will bloom and mature faster than just about all other paniculatas, doing so as early as June.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 6:27PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

QF is an early bloomer and a good choice. The problem with the pictures is that they may be retouched or your monitor or picture software may tweak things automatically so what one gets may not be what one saw in a picture. I have had that problem with pictures of roses too.

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 6:40PM
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

Mine doesn't seem to have orange in its reds and pinks. I have acid soil, but don't know if there is a subtle change in color due to pH in paniculatas since I haven't grown them in less acid soil.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 9:21AM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

There may be small differences due to weather and soil minerals, etc. I have not seen orange here per se but, there are times when in some small areas of the blooms you can see a slight color tone that is close to an orange but not quite.

Vanilla Strawberry is another example of color differences. It turns a nice magenta given the proper weather but there are some people whose location and weather are not similar enough to the one where VS was developed in France and thus it does not develop a nice magenta color in the Fall for them.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Temperatures supposed to be in mid-twenties...
Saturday night here in piedmont NC...I have seven fairly...
nini804
where to order hydrangea?
Hi, I want to get Zinfin Doll and Bloomstruck hydrangea...
Brooks23
Hydrangea Annabelle - Will it grow in Florida?
I fell in love with Hydrangea Annabelle when I was...
love_the_yard
Anyone use shrub covers to overwinter in zone5?
I was looking at ways to protect my hydrangeas next...
jager1
Should I prune this hydrangea?
It came in a small 4" pot. I have transplanted...
cakbu z9 CA
Sponsored Products
Bramble - Ashton 2 Door Display Cabinet in Multi Color - 23681
Great Furniture Deal
Fire Magic 43930S-22 Double Door with Dual Drawers - 43930S-22
Hayneedle
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Home Decorators Collection Rugs Zebra Black 2
Home Depot
Kimono Violet Anya Table Lamp with President's Braid Trim
Lamps Plus
Lorelei Butterfly Vase - MULTI COLORS
$325.00 | Horchow
A Dash of Cayenne Throw
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
Chocolate Sonoma 16-Piece Dishware Set
$64.99 | zulily
Jefferson Indoor/ Outdoor Braided Rug (5'6 x 8'6)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™