Finally got a camera

garyz6ohioMay 16, 2014

I finally bought a digital camera and thought I would try my hand at downloading a picture to this site. Here goes....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_in_colorado

Ta-Daaa! There you go...Hey, as a first pic, this looks promising, Gary. Seeing a nice garden with a whole bunch of cool hostas.

Don B.

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 9:29PM
Babka NorCal 9b

And this forum is the reason I first bought a digital camera too! Be sure to save those photos somewhere and also on a back up (DVD or portable memory, or cloud or something). Hooray for you!

-Babka

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 9:34PM
mary4b(4b WI)

Congrats! GREAT first picture...it will be nice to have the pics for yourself, too. Be sure to take pics of each hosta and save it with the name so that in the dreary winter months, you can add to the hosta alphabet activities!!!

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 10:30PM
leafwatcher(zone 5)

Be careful Gary... when you only need batteries and not film you are gonna be taking a LOT more pictures ! ;)

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 11:49PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Good job, Gary. Be sure to set the DATE correctly, so you can keep track of the development of your garden.

Now there will be no stopping you. Go on, go around the bend. You'll find that's where we are too! :)

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 12:22AM
Gesila(MI Z5)

Congratulations Gary. You are totally hooked now!

I love how you lined all your pots up, it makes the garden look nice and neat. You've given me a great idea!

Gesila

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 1:23AM
paula_b_gardener 5b_ON(5b)

Nice display - great first pic post!

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 2:14AM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Maybe I have stumps on the brain these days, but I just noticed you left your stump too. And using it as a pot stand. Good for you. I had my "tall" one cut down yesterday to a short one, since it was already a hazard to myself and the hosta nearby.

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 9:10AM
garyz6ohio

Thanks for the kind words and gentle prodding. Here's a picture of the front yard's corner bed.

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 10:09PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Somehow, I don't think that photo was taken on 1-1-2010. REPROGRAM the date on your camera!!!! Even here were there are no freezes, hostas don't look like that on January first. OBTW, that photo is beautiful.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 10:58PM
almosthooked

Very nice Gary and pictures are so much fun so the more you take the better ! The ones you don't like are so easy to delete and just the battery wears down . bought recharging batteries for mine and that solved that problem. I may have to get a new one soon as the shutter sometimes doesn't want to open the lens but then again, it still takes okay pictures, Maybe not super professional but not really that bad either.
Congrats anyway and have fun clicking!

don_in_colorado

Nice, Gary! Great mix of hostas and complimentary companions. I wish most of my neighbors' front yards looked like yours. Including mine. : )

Don B.

P.S. The pair with the white margins; what are they? Thanks.

garyz6ohio

Don, the center hosta is a Sagae, while the smaller one to the left is a Zippity Do Dah. These are just unfurling now and are not at their full size yet.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:20AM
Jon

Gary, simply spectacular, especially for New Years Day. You are like me, the date keeps getting messed up anyway...so why bother.

Jon

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:28AM
garyz6ohio

Jon, I took a series of pictures the first day that I got the camera, before I figured out how to reprogram the date. I finally figured that out, or at least I think I have. Any pictures that I post from that first series will be January hostas. Oh, if it could only be true!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:45AM
Jon

Gary,

If it doesn't set and reset itself automatically it is on the wrong time and date at my house.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:20PM
More Discussions
Bluish choices for hosta newb
Hello! Would you please suggest tough, easy, and easy-to-find...
nonconformist_nymphette
Hosta G 2014
I saw a sign that said "watch for children"...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Seedling pics?
Decided to grow some seedlings this winter. Have to...
BungalowMonkeys
My New Potting Media Experiment
Last summer I started a thread about using Lady Bug...
santamiller
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™