WANTED: Arranging an Exchange...Questions

jen52216February 12, 2007

Hello!

Spring is almost here and the Friends of the Library group in Clarence, Iowa is planning an event with some local Master Gardeners. I am interested in also hosting a plant/seed exchange to go along with this event. How do I go about setting this up and how does an exchange work? Does each participant get a set number of points for each plant they bring and can then use those points to acquire other plants? I'm trying to think of the most fair way to set up an exchange. Our community has never hosted this type of event. Thanks!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iowgardenangel(zn5 IA)

is this a comunity exchange? wish tipton would do somthin like this, I think points would work.

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 6:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maude_IA(z5-SE Iowa)

The Morse swap is far more informal than any I've read about, and it works! Gardeners pot up their divisions and cuttings, package up their seeds, and bring whatever else they have - garden decor items, gardening books, etc.

The people who attend arrange the swap details between themselves. If I want to swap one plant for a trio of cuttings, and if both of the swappers are willing to trade, then it's a deal. If I'm trying to unload leftover annuals, I might trade several 6-packs of seedlings for a canna. If the participants agree to trade, then that's all we need.

Personally, I think that the more rules you have, the fewer participants will show up.

Bookmark   March 22, 2007 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Ames area plant swap
Is anyone interested a plant swap in the Ames-Boone...
sweetkitten51
WANTED: new to iowa and G.W.
is there any one out there. no posts in this forum...
ricjo22
WANTED: Directions to Spring Swap 2008
~ in Washington Iowa (Mapquest or Google maps) West...
Maude_IA
WANTED: Fall swap- august 18th?
well all oldies and any newbies how about august 18th...
iowgardenangel
WANTED: great swap_ morse
to any that missed the swap it was GREAT, as usal....
iowgardenangel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™