Wilting Impatiens

tacotac(5a)May 22, 2012

I have a couple potted impatiens, the general kind & new guinea, in pots. The soil is moist & they are outside on the northwest side of my apartment. The leaves are wilted, they have been for awhile now. Yesterday they were wilted, but by evening they perked up. I don't get it, they aren't in the sun, they are well watered, it's been in the 60's-80's, but mostly the lower 70s, why are they wilting? Only thing I can think of is that I gave everything miracle gro & seaweed/fish emulsion mix last week, but none of my other plants are affected. My hanging basket are impatiens & I have a variegated double flowered impatien, & they are just fine. Any clues?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

If they wilt in the day and perk up at night it has to be that they are getting too much sun. On the northwest side if there are no obstructions they would most likely get sun from noon or shortly after until nightfall. That would be too much sun.

I'd say monitor them and see just how much sun they do get. If it is too much sun maybe you could either move them or rig something so they are getting more shade

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 5:40AM
More Discussions
New Guinea Impatiens flowers fading fast
Hi all, I planted my NGI in a bed back in May. It took...
valeriej1
Seeking Impatiens oliveri seeds
Is there anyone who would be willing to send me Impatiens...
laurarice
Busy lizzie
The most exotic busy lizzie in my collection.
DavidmGeary
Impatiens pallida
I once saw this at one creek many years ago, and have...
dbarron
impatiens leaf rolling down lengthways
http://imgur.com/6saiWNb I live in singapore which...
cameocamel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™