little lime local dfw or online source

liz_p(8-Dallas, TX)April 15, 2014

Have you guys seen this one locally? Or what's your online source?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I saw LL at Redenta's in Arlington once, either last year or the one before that. On my last visit a few months ago, hydrangeas had not arrived so you may want to call ahead.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 7:28AM
liz_p(8-Dallas, TX)

Awesome I live close to Arlington.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 8:25PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I just saw some LLs at Blooming Colors in Grapevine on the northbound lane of Hwy 26 near the intersection with TX 114. I saw the price and I thought I would remember it but, oops, I didn't remember. Sigh. ;o)

This post was edited by luis_pr on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 16:46

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 3:16PM
liz_p(8-Dallas, TX)

Great I'll be in that area Tuesday. Redenta said they were out.

Bookmark   April 26, 2014 at 7:07PM
Kachana

I don't know if you are still looking for Little Lime, but I just bought one from Lowes in Carrollton this morning. They're about 2' tall in 1 Gal container, $11.98.
I'm a total hydrangea newbie, I don't even know where to plant this, along with the other 2 Ruby Slippers I got last week.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 2:21PM
Springwood_Gardens(6B Pittsburgh)

LL on the west (per your other post), Ruby Slippers on the east in part shade.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:52PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I am not sure what you said on the other post, but I would not put any hydrangea on the west side of anything here, paniculatas included. The sun is to ostrong now and the leaves do not perform well when we get a month of 100-degree weather or more. Look for a spot that gets shade starting around 11am to 12pm. I did have one Mac on the west side once with only 1-2 hours of sun but, I needed to water so much more that I ended moving it.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 6:50AM
Kachana

Thanks, Luis. I have not decided what to do with them yet. They're still in pots, sitting in the back of the house where they get morning sun, and after noon shade. From the look of them, they're quite happy there. I would plant them there, but my husband does not want to add a flower bed to a yard that is too small already :(

I'm in the process of studying the amount of sunlight my front yard is getting. Thank you for your suggestions.

Kachana

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 6:58PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I understand. Due to the uncomfortable temperatures, I do not buy plants from mid-to-late May as it is stressful to plant under these conditions, let alone a water loving shrub like a hydrangea. In rare occasions when I breakdown, I also keep them in pots until cooler temps arrive in the Fall. You may be able to grow them in 18-24" containers too. They get 3-4' tall and maybe 4' wide; that is usually around the max for potted plants in my garden. Wider or taller and they will bump against other stuff.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 2:59AM
More Discussions
Are these stems diseased?
Are These little blackish spots on the stems normal...
oberci
No Time To Winterize Endless Summer
I did not have the time to winterize my endless summers...
DDhydrangea
Can I prune hydrangeas and loropetalum now??
So we have some hydrangeas (blue and purple flowers...
hiddenspring
Hydrangeas in wet soil
I have an empty area beside our air conditioning unit...
ryank817
Blue Billow Hardy in Chicago (Zone 5)
Looking to see if anyone has grown Blue Billow in the...
kfless
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™