Annabelle - online nursery recommendation?

kimcocoApril 15, 2009

I purchased a couple of these early last year from an online vendor, but they were small, only 1 stem. They were healthy, but hardly grew last year. Then I saw pics of others' annabelle plantings last year, and they were purchased with multi stems. I was so jealous.

I want to order a couple more this year for my yard, but larger than the one stems I got last year, and wondering what online vendor you'd recommend for a larger, more mature plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr

Have you checked local nurseries? Their stock may go up as we closer to May and the danger of late frosts has passed in most locales.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 7:05AM
orchidacea

Definitely agree with luis..the local nurseries should have the hydrangea in stock after the danger of late frosts...for my area in central Jersey - it's the second week of May...the local nurseries should get you a very healthy size plant..if you are really really really rushing and want to have one now - go for a place like Sooner Plant Farms (go for their 3-yr old plants)..the shipping cost for a big plant like that will be significant...but that's the cost you pay for not waiting the local stock...another place I have good experience with online purchases is Hydrangea Plus...very healthy size plants and cheaper in shipping because they dig out the rootball and ship that to yoo w/o the gallon pots (you will need to put the plant into the ground or the container immediately)...Annabelle should tolerate the cold winter in your zone...it is a reliable performer for my garden for the last 5 yrs...while you at it, the new Annabelle - Incrediball is very short supply and high demand this yr...this is one of those plants you can get in a few places only and being sold in small trade gallon size pots (with one or two stems)...if you nurse them well, they could put on quite a show for you in 2010.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 10:36AM
gardenmusic

I saw these at Steins today in Kenosha. They also have stores in Racine & Milwaukee area.

Bookmark   April 18, 2009 at 8:48PM
More Discussions
Can I prune hydrangeas and loropetalum now??
So we have some hydrangeas (blue and purple flowers...
hiddenspring
Need help with hydrangea companions
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. It is...
suz9601
Container size for hydrangea
I have a landscape plan made for my yard by a pro who...
cakbu
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
galls in dirt where to plant
Hi, Last summer I dug up a rose that had not been doing...
Brooks23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™