Penny Mac and Endless Summer- Blooming Beautifully!

blondegardener(8)April 27, 2011

I hate to brag but....the Penny Mac hydrangea and 2 Endless Summer hydrangeas I bought just 3 weeks ago are blooming so beautifully! I had to share. :)

3 Weeks Ago

Today

Endless Summer

Penny Mac

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Wow! Nice plants and nice pictures, blondegardener! They do appear to be close to each other on the pictures though..... but I cannot tell for sure. A distance of about 3' or more should be ok for these big plants (6' or so). How did the camellia do? Did you get pictures of those blooms too?

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 2:28AM
madeyna(7/8)

They are beatiful. I am going to cheat this spring and buy a few already up because we are having the second coldest and wettest spring on record. Last year was the record coldest so I had to do the same thing then . Its either that or wait until july for blooms. I want to look out the window and see some beatiful blooms like yours;)

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 4:40PM
blondegardener(8)

Thank you! Luis, they are about 2ft from each other base to base. I wanted them a bit closer than normal because we're only growing them to about 3.5-4ft high. I don't want to cover the window in the front but would rather have them come up a foot or so from the bottom so we can enjoy the view from inside. These are in full bloom now as I'm writing this and will share more pics soon! :)

As for the Camellia, I only have one pic of a bloom that fell off as we've had a very odd flip flopping of weather recently! This went in the ground right before the hydrangeas so I'm looking forward to seeing this grow as it gets cooler out. :) After seeing this, I can't wait!

Bookmark   May 6, 2011 at 2:58PM
jeanerz13(6a)

I know this is a super old thread but... I've been wondering... have you noticed much difference between the Endless summer and Penny Mac? Does one bloom darker / more vibrant than the other? Bigger blooms?

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
galls in dirt where to plant
Hi, Last summer I dug up a rose that had not been doing...
Brooks23
Difference in Oak Leaf and Macrophylas
I have had both types of hydrangeas and all have had...
seamommy
Endless Summer Hydrangea Wont Bloom
Hi. I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangea's. This is the...
emba129
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
Zinfin Doll hydrangea
Hi, This is a new hydrangea or at least new to me....
Brooks23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™