gardeningbythemoon

jeanniez5(z5IA)February 8, 2005

According to the above website, tomorrow and Thursday are the days to start cool season annuals in flats. Last year I followed the moon signs sometimes when planting, even small seeds in the house, and the ones came up faster and grew faster when I followed the moon signs. So this year I'm going to watch the moon signs closer. It also says the 13th, 14th, 15th and 18th and 19th are good days. Unfortunately, I planted some Sunday, so will have to check their growth with the ones I plant tomorrow.

Has anyone else had better luck following the moon signs?

Jeannie.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sanfan

I've never paid much attention to moon signs, but my sister swears by it. I usely have to plant when I have free time. I do have tomorrow free. Think I'll give it a try.

Bookmark   February 8, 2005 at 8:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maude_IA(z5-SE Iowa)

I pay attention sometimes, and it does seem to matter, but often the weather or my free time have more to do with when I plant than anything else.

If you want to try it, this link has a calendar showing the best days to plant, prune, harvest, transplant, etc.

You can purchase the calendar, or just use the online one. The only problem there is that you can't look ahead to next week toward the end of each month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening By The Moon with calendar

Bookmark   February 12, 2005 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
Over wintering a BEAUTIFUL Alice Dupont Mandavilla
I am new to trying to do anything, so please bear with...
Dunroven
Peach Tree for Iowa
What would be a good variety of peach to plant here?...
iris321
Determining pricing for farmers markets?
I am considering getting a booth at our local farmers...
DragonflyRhino
Bishops Weed (snow on the mountain)
I just planted some Bishops Weed that my Mom gave me....
GeeGee_
Groundcover for north slope
I'm looking for groundcover options for a north slope....
uicricket
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™