Hydroponic Salvia D.

winterpeg_man(z3a MB)February 21, 2003

Has anyone had any success with growing Diviner's Sage in a bubbler..or any other aeroponic or hydroponic setup? I am thinking a 5gal rezevoir and 2 airstones, plastic mesh pot with clay pebbles and the salvia d. rooted in rockwool. I plan on using organic nutes .. Anyone try something similar?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
frodeo1(z5 UT)

Yes, Salvia D. grows very well in hydro, but it grows very fast ! I recommend a 250 Halide or (400 if, you can raise it up high.) The leaves will burn under constant intense exposure.

Bookmark   February 27, 2003 at 5:22AM
Frozen_N_Carbonate

Tried it in a Waterfarm-type system, an expanded clay filled bucket that has nutes pumped to the top of the bucket every hour. I used a 400w MH raised almost to the cieling so they wouldn't get burned and they grew like crazy! Hydro+Salvia=too much salvia real fast. lol! If it's for more than just yourself hydro will satisfy, if it's just for you I'd only do 1 or 2 buckets.

Bookmark   March 2, 2003 at 8:30AM
cubensis

Where can you get salvia seeds? I saw one place that sold cuttings and small plants but that was in canada, (I don't know if they will arive in georgia in good condition, and they have not had any in stock. any ideas?

Bookmark   March 11, 2003 at 11:35AM
cubensis

Also does any one know the appropriate n-k-p concentrations for Salvia?

Bookmark   March 11, 2003 at 12:24PM
cubensis

I found somthing sugesting 1000-1600 uS/cm to grow salvia. I think this is millisemens/centimenter but I don't know how that relates to ppm, which I am more familair with.

Bookmark   March 11, 2003 at 1:09PM
winterpeg_man(z3a MB)

There are a few places in the states who sell cuttings, do a few searches and you will find them fairly quickly. I cant remember the webpage addresses right now but I know I found 3 or 4 willing to sell to US customers. And from what I have read the seeds are almost always non-viable..ie wont germinate.

Bookmark   March 12, 2003 at 9:12AM
Frozen_N_Carbonate

yup, the seeds are rare and don't usually grow. There's 2 clones of S.D. floating around. 1 is the Wasson clone, the other is the Blosser/Palatable clone. I suggest the Blosser/Palatable clone variety if you have a choice because it really does taste better than the Wasson.

As for PPM, don't run much higher than 1100-1200. They grow good in that range.

Bookmark   March 13, 2003 at 7:56AM
hairypotterinwa(puget sound)

well looks like it has been almost a year since the last post so just for fun look at the online auction and search for salvia. im geting a new bubler with my tax return just 4 salvia from there. well since it is my first post, just let you all know that im not lazy, just have no caps key.

Bookmark   February 12, 2004 at 6:50PM
brandnewcolony

Anyone have any experience/expectations of using an Ebb & flow system with Salvia D? Also, what nutes would you recommend water supply?

Bookmark   November 24, 2004 at 11:26AM
serious05

does any one no if salvia does well in nft?and the older lower leaves turn brown why is this

Bookmark   October 17, 2005 at 8:01AM
More Discussions
Questions on passive hydro
Hello guys, I currently own a big sansevieria and want...
turbare
Started the hydro garden
I watched Bobby grow long enough and got busy. I bought...
radrob
organic hydroponic ferilizer
I am looking for a good source for organic hydroponic...
little sur farm
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
Need Aeroflo 36 in CA!
Looking for a lightly used aeroflo 36 in CA or willing...
nedgecomb
Sponsored Products
All-Clad d5 Brushed Stainless Steel 5-piece Cookware Set
$449.95 | FRONTGATE
White Pandora Settee - ANTIQUE WHITE
$1,099.00 | Horchow
Danze® Parma™ Single Handle Wall Mount Lavatory Faucet Trim Kit - Chrome
Modern Bathroom
Hand-hooked Peony Ivory/ Multi Geometric Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Luceplan | Blow Ceiling Fan
YLiving.com
Sloan modern accent chair
Interior Define
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™