Yellow Leaves

homersgarden(7)July 3, 2008

I posted something a while ago about one color of my impatiens not surviving, but now I have a new problem. Some of my impatiens are gangly and have yellowing leaves. I have NEVER had problems with impatiens before this year. Anyway, my impatien socks (plastic bag-like things with holes that impatiens grow out of) all have yellowing leaves, some of the impatiens in my containers have yellow leaves, etc. I have some that seem to be doing okay (these ones are in the ground). What am I doing wrong? I know we had a very cold spring and some of our tender crops have had a touch time this year (basil) and we are seeing issues, but not sure what to do. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tom8olvr(Z5 MA)

Yellow leaves usually mean too wet to me... But the impatien 'socks' (I call bags) I've found dry out pretty quick, so yellow leaves because of being too wet... ? Did you purchase or make the bags? I make the bags and I know that when they first start you have to keep them out of the sun - completely because the bag can warm up and fry the roots inside... ? Could that be happening to you? Are they in the sun at all? I started my 'bags' months ago and just put them on my fence in the last week because I was fearful about the bags getting too hot... ? Probably a question for Mr.Impatien...

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Impatiens...do they really do well in full sun?
I'm not sure if it was the variety of impatiens I purchased...
gwendolyn718
New Guinea Impatiens
Can i get these at any garden center right now or is...
turaloora
Damping off - Captan
Last weekend I planted four pots of store-bought impatiens....
Creek-side
White spots on Impatiens Pedals
I'm new to gardening and a couple of days ago, I went...
Christal91
Divine New Guinea
After three years in a row of 100% failed crops I've...
Creek-side
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™