Impatiens Impatiens!

flower_lover_ga(z7GA)August 20, 2006

I have been away from GardenWeb for too long. Question is it too late to plant these, and will I find any when I go to Lowe's and such? Is there a seed exchange for impatiens? If so I'd love to have some of these lovely seeds. I have one plant left over from last year that has bloomed like a trooper all summer. I am thinking of doing the pinch and poke method on this one.

Want to see what is available in gardening centers tomorrow. I am in zone 7. So glad I found this forum.

flower_lover_ga

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)

Yes I think you will still find lots of impatiens this time of year. They will grow all the way till frost.

Bookmark   August 24, 2006 at 9:40PM
flower_lover_ga(z7GA)

Thanks, I did get some and put them in and they are looking great. I will be trying the pinch and poke method so I'll have some overwinter and be able to plant them in spring. I looovvveee impatiens.
flower_lover

Bookmark   August 26, 2006 at 12:16PM
tommyr_gw

Don't foregt you can grow some in the house over winter! I do! In a west or south window.

Tom

Bookmark   September 2, 2006 at 7:38AM
flower_lover_ga(z7GA)

Hi, thank you Mrpatiens and Tom for your kindly responding. Tom, when you take some impatiens and put in west or south facing window, do you take those already rooted? Or do you take them at any stage, this is all new to me I just usually do winter sowing, I haven't done cuttings or rooting in water, so I am pretty much learning this from square one. I did some cuttings of my impatiens, put them in pots and watered them. I want to get some 2 liter bottles and try some seeds too of various varieties including impatiens. I have very little precious time so I do not have time to look up and research like I have in the past with gardening questions. If you or Mr impatiens could tell me a link or faq on this for newbies I would be grateful.
Blessings,
flower_lover_ga

Bookmark   September 2, 2006 at 11:52AM
More Discussions
Volunteer Impatiens in zone 4
How low a zone can impatiens reseed? This year I have...
fieldofflowers
Pollinating species (i.platypetala)?
I have two plants of this which I started from separate...
rredbbeard
Seeking Impatiens oliveri seeds
Is there anyone who would be willing to send me Impatiens...
laurarice
Busy Lizzy Cuttings Available.
Cuttings from this Busy Lizzy old fashioned tall pink....
DavidmGeary
old fashioned busy lizzie (tall gangly variety pink flowers)
if any one is looking for this old fashioned busy lizzie...
DavidmGeary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™