unplanted bulbs

adelaApril 13, 2006

Hi, this was supossed to be my first spring with flowers but I didn't plant any of the bulbs I got in september!!

They have been this whole time in my garage (crocus, iris and tupils) what should I do with them so they'll be ok for next fall/winter?

Thanks!!

Adela

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whatcheer(z4 Ia)

Well.....Are they still firm? Do they have sprouts on them? If they got frozen out they will be soft or hollowed and not be any good. The Iris can be put in the ground now. They aren't fussy about what time of year. The other one's ,if ok ,can be planted also , you just aren't going to see blooms. It may be a few years for them .

Bookmark   April 15, 2006 at 9:37AM
uicricket(z5 IA)

I'm so glad you asked that question. I did the exact same thing except mine spent the winter in a chest on the front porch. I'm going to poke them in the ground and see what happens. Better than just tossing them, I guess.

Cricket

Bookmark   April 17, 2006 at 5:20PM
flowergazer

Lesson well learned cut your losses and toss them out, if they didnt rot freeze or dry up it could take years for them to bloom if they ever do.

Bookmark   April 21, 2006 at 10:27AM
koszta_kid(Iowazone 5)

Did that couple years ago. One package got left in garage in a Cooler. I put them out was tulips. In a week they bloomed. As long as they aren't mushy. Plant them or put in container. See what you get

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 10:50PM
More Discussions
Iowa Newbie
I've become very interested in shade gardening and...
bishop5
Over wintering a BEAUTIFUL Alice Dupont Mandavilla
I am new to trying to do anything, so please bear with...
Dunroven
wanting to kill grass and weeds.
I live in south east Iowa. I fenced in an area for...
Iowacass
broadfork
Recently I have researched the benefits of preparing...
darren.1716
Knockout Roses
How do I know if this winter froze my knockout bushes?...
bluey48
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™