white impatiens I am in love...

faerieannette(z7 MD)November 10, 2005

I just love impatiens. I am new to gardening and I hear that they do well in the shade. That is perfect for me because I have lots of shade! I am also interested in having some indoors and am going to try to have a bunch inside and propagating them for outside use. I have done alot of reading here about rooting in water, pinching and poking etc.. So I am very excited.

I really like white. I actually would like only to use white in my outside gardens to avoid some ugly combinations.

Most of the plants I did plant this season. (First time gardening in first home with a neglected yard) where freecycle gifs and clearance items. I am pretty worried next year when everything actually flowers if it will be a hideous mixture of color.

I am in general a sucker for white flowers. I just love them! I did splurge and buy 25 white azalea bushes because they where $2.50 at home depot. I got 3 different varieties.

I really just love how white brightens up shady areas as well.

And I just donÂt like apricot impatient. This might insult people on this forum but I really donÂt like the mixes where it has apricot, blush pink, rosy pink, vivid red, deep scarlet and white. I am an artiest and am more picky about color than most people so it really bothers me. Mostly when they are planted with other colors. I got a lot of irises from freecycle and was told they are purple. Also orange day lilies put them all together.. barf!

I am going to try winter sowing this year and was told that impatiens do really well. Now to find some seedsÂ

I was wondering if anyone here has any? I donÂt have anything to trade. I would be more than willing to send an envelope with postage. I would like to offer something but canÂt think of what.

Thank you for reading my post,

Annette

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tommyr_gw

I took 2 cuttings from a white one I had this year and brought them in. They rooted really easy and are about to even bloom!

Tom

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 8:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
faerieannette(z7 MD)

I hear they do root easily. I suppose I can post a wanted on my local freecycle for a cutting or too. :-)

Bookmark   November 11, 2005 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Floating impatiens island in pond
Hello! I'm new to GardenWeb, and working on a big pond...
Oscarmatic
[Please] Need Advice On Germinating New Guinea Imps [Please]
I've propagated from seed for about 5 years now &...
gltrap54
Wimpy New Guinea Impatiens :(
I bought this particular NGI (the orange one on the...
christy51274
Anyone growing impatiens walleriana - 2014? How are they doing?
As most of you probably know, impatiens walleriana...
JannSM
Busy Lizzy Cuttings Available.
Cuttings from this Busy Lizzy old fashioned tall pink....
DavidmGeary
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™