aeroponics

oakleaf33(8)March 17, 2008

Great aeroponics ? ok I have intermediate knowledge of h.p.'s Weighing pros and cons of five basic setup types. In aeroponics, could the salt and nutrient build up on sprayer nozzles be reduced or eliminated by possibly not submersing them in the solution but have the nozzle pump water from an outside source. Nozzle would be isolated inside of ex..storage container with water fed from another???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grizzman

the sprayer nozzles are not normally submerged. the salt build up occurs where the nutrient is discharged from the nozzle. kind of like a mineral buildup on a showerhead. there's no pump whatsoever, but the buildup still occurs.

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 7:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oakleaf33(8)

Thank you for your response. I have been fascinated with h.p since i was in 8th grade now being 26 I am ready to make it real.. everyone has the own personal pref, when it comes to there setup what would you recommend. I'm leaning towards the N.F.T. method or aeroponics. Keeping in mind nozzle buildup. It doesn't require power supplies for many different air pumps. a.p. sounds good due to low water consumption and ph isn't as much of a problem. tell me you thoughts

Bookmark   March 17, 2008 at 10:42AM
More Discussions
Hydroponics Chillies Problems
Hi everyone. I'm growing some jalapenos and habaneros...
pborgbarthet
Online Hydroponics Management Program. PonicsPal!
I developed an online hydroponics management program...
PonicsPal
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
Switchin on/off cycles and wheather it should be gradual?
Hello, I was recently asked if it effects the plant...
Jeremiah Landi
Using Gravel as a growing media
This thread is created, and only for people who have...
homehydro
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™