Info site on Impatiens

MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)December 9, 2004

Hello everyone

I just set up my WebSite on Impatiens. This link should work mrimpatiens.com If you search on google it doesnt pop up but if you click on the URL just below you should be able to get it. I have a photo page with about 300 pics and a hybrid page with about 30 pics. Let me know what you all think and things I should add.

Mr Impatiens

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springcherry(6/7 Philly,PA)

Beautiful site. It covers so much I feel a bit trepidatious to ask if one other aspect could be covered, but I'll ask nevertheless. If possible, I would love to see under Sources a list of places that carry seeds for some of the less common specimens. It's even hard to find seeds for balsams if all you want is a single color.

Thanks for such a lovely site,
Springcherry

Bookmark   December 11, 2004 at 10:40AM
Rachel_431(Central Ohio)

Great site :)
You answered some of my questions on growing from seed/cuttings. Very informative. Thanks!

Bookmark   January 14, 2005 at 3:03PM
vetivert8(NI-NZ zone 9a)

Thank you very much for providing your website.

Why is it that if a 'common' Impatiens is overwintered it gives a much better display the following year, no matter how much it's cared for (neglected...) the first year?

Bookmark   January 20, 2005 at 11:37PM
MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)

Vetivert
I dont really know why that would happen for sure. It could be the plant is maturing prehaps. So plants will flower better if they think they are going to die. That way they will porduce more flowers to make more seeds.

Bookmark   January 23, 2005 at 7:00PM
vetivert8(NI-NZ zone 9a)

Or more like bonsai? I've brought them under shelter in a pot for the winter, then planted out over summer. Big increase in access to food. More feeder roots from an established root system. Possibly... Time for me to grow this with a bit more awareness.

Thank you for responding.

Bookmark   February 1, 2005 at 5:01PM
firevicar

I just spent 20 minutes in your site. Everything downloads quikly and flows well. Content is very informative.

How about a gallery of all the North American species and subspecies? Seems that the forum always has people asking about them.

By the way, my Balfouri germinated during a warm spell and now it's been freezing. None of the I. cristata germinated prematurely. Just a few I. glandulifera are emerging in the past week. This year I hope to grow two more that I have not had before: I. pallida and I. pallida (white form)

When I build a greenhouse I'll go for the tropicals.

Thanks for your work.

Jim Eichner

Bookmark   February 16, 2005 at 11:43PM
MrImpatiens(Zone 9 CA)

Jim
Your balfourii should be ok unless it got rrreeeaaalll cold. And not all will germinate at the same time. I have a lot of balfourii coming up as well as capensis. I believe my glandulifera has died out because of the heat and maybe cristata but these are easy to replace.

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 9:54PM
skatayama(NJ-7)

Hi MrImpatiens,
It seems you are my kind of guy! I love your info site but have a suggestion. How about a seed source reference?

Sheila

Bookmark   February 23, 2005 at 8:20PM
eclpsprinc(Z9 CA)

I very recently have become entranced with impatiens. I've orderd my first impatien, a Namcharwensis from Cistus Nursery.

I throughly enjoyed your site. So informative and super photos!

Melanie

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
old fashioned busy lizzie (tall gangly variety pink flowers)
if any one is looking for this old fashioned busy lizzie...
DavidmGeary
winter storage of I.flaniganae tuber?
Should tubers of this species be stored cool and dry...
rredbbeard
Pest control using Neem oil
Hi I have a problem with Aphids and mites. some of...
gonene1
Busy Lizzy Cuttings Available.
Cuttings from this Busy Lizzy old fashioned tall pink....
DavidmGeary
Impatiens...do they really do well in full sun?
I'm not sure if it was the variety of impatiens I purchased...
gwendolyn718
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™