Shipments of F&E 'Peace' arriving at Kmarts

Springwood_Gardens(6B Pittsburgh)May 7, 2013

FYI: Mis-labeled Forever & Ever Peace (white double) hydrangeas are now arriving at Kmarts, in the larger (2.25-gal) pots for $24.95.

I stopped at one today and checked out a freshly unloaded rack that was still wrapped. The tags indicate F&E (original) and show the colored mophead picture, but when you look on the front of "page 2" of the tag, there is a sticker on it that reads:

F&E assorted
SKU #######
PEACE WHITE

The leaves are also glossy bright green and elongated, which are definitely NOT F&E Original, as those leaves would be flat medium green, wider, and shorter.

So if you wanted to try Peace, now's a good of a chance as any... Large, healthy plants!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr

I went to Lowes and HD last weekend and there was nothing "new", just a few unsold Merritt Supremes so it is good to know they are getting more shipments! They usually receive a 2nd batch of hydrangeas in May here.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Tue, May 7, 13 at 20:29

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:28PM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Luis, I'm glad you are saying that. That is also what Lowes told me: that they will receive another shipment of hydrangeas in May/June. Yay!

Thanks to the original poster - I will check my local KMart.

Carol in Jacksonville

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 10:58PM
Springwood_Gardens(6B Pittsburgh)

Lowe's is disappointing this year so far. Aside from getting my first Blue Heaven #3 pot for $15 with *minor* freeze damage to upper foliage, I haven't seen much worth getting. AND... Their #3 F&E's are now $34.95, which is $10 more than last year!

But.. I've been to 3 different Kmarts now, and they all have #3 Peace now. I decided to pick one up to replace a failed test specimen (one of two Merritt's).

Ball Hort says "blooms on old wood first and then on current year's growth". So far this is following suit as it has about a dozen small buds on stems originating from old wood.

So here it is:

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
Oakleaf Hydrangeas and Late Freezes
I will be planting a Snow Queen Oakleaf Hydrangea and...
samnsarah
Are these stems diseased?
Are These little blackish spots on the stems normal...
oberci
New 2015 hydrangea cultivars?
Anybody looking into what's coming in 2015. I thought...
plumism
Annabelle hydrangea
Well, it's approaching January & I'm thinking spring....
Sally6340
Endless Summer Hydrangea Wont Bloom
Hi. I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangea's. This is the...
emba129
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™