I missed the swap :(

l84tea(IA Zn5)June 17, 2006

My 5 yr old and I were in a really bad car wreck on Memorial day. Some 18 yr old with a restricted license decided to floor it and pass 3 cars in a no passing zone going about 70 in a 25 mph area, while we were turning left. Tboned my car and knocked me out instantly. It has taken me weeks to get my bearings in my brain back. I feel like I am in a deep haze. My 5 yr old is fine, thank God! She was in her leg braces, she had surgery in March...so I was so concerned the accident may of caused her problems. But it didn't...whew!

Here is a pic of my poor car... I was so blessed, the ppl in the car behind me, the husband was an EMT.

They used the jaws of life to get me out. I don't remember any of it. (thats probably a good thing)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maude_IA(z5-SE Iowa)

This looks scary!! but I guess you have a good excuse for missing the swap. Just don't try this one again, OK?!?

We are swapping again in August at Dessa's, so check the Exchanges link to find the date, etc. I hope you can be there - it's a really neat experience.

Bookmark   June 18, 2006 at 8:34PM
elphinstone

YOU WERE SO LUCKY! I hope the young man got charged? Where did this happen? If you are close, I'd be happy to bring you some plants,if you are up to planting.
Take it easy, sorry I missed meeting you, but delighted I'll be able to meet you at the next swap.
Jo

Bookmark   June 20, 2006 at 8:32AM
l84tea(IA Zn5)

It happened in Solon...right infront of the high school.
yeah... he was charged...barely, 30 dollar fine for unlawful passing. He also had a school restricted license (remember it was memorial day) his passengers dad was a trooper on scene... so they didn't have to drug or alcohol test.
I am doing better... but I am still nervous about driving..and I had no idea it took this long to recover from whip lash!
Thanks for the offer on the plants, but I am thinking about hanging up the gardening gloves for awhile and just keep alive what I currently have! lol!

Bookmark   June 21, 2006 at 1:20AM
More Discussions
proper watering for indoor plants
I put a little water on my impatiens. Does anyone know...
bradly44
Looking 4 Dutch White Clover Seed
I'm planning to add some clover back into the sunny...
iowa50126
Determining pricing for farmers markets?
I am considering getting a booth at our local farmers...
DragonflyRhino
About Dipstick!
Hi All, Does anyone know if this comes with the watering...
IrrigationSystem00
Need Ideas - Plantings around tree trunk
I have an area in my back yard that is a pain to mow...
rickalo
Sponsored Products
Simpatico Orangegris Bubble Bath
$29.00 | FRONTGATE
Lion-Head Wall Fountain
$1,375.00 | Horchow
Sprout Kids Stool - 2 Pack - K2S001-GRN_WHT
$44.99 | Hayneedle
Miss Goldie Indoor/Outdoor Pillow
$27.99 | zulily
F/N Two Merlot One-Light Wall Sconce
$259.25 | Bellacor
Kitchen Utensil 5 pc. Set by Alessi
$144.00 | Lumens
Safavieh Natural Fiber Natural/ Light Blue Seagrass Rug (2'6 x 4')
Overstock.com
Stone Hook
Grandin Road
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™