miller nutrichem 9-15-30 in DWC

happyhydroMarch 7, 2011

I have access to this water soluble nutrient from miller chemical. It has a good lineup including edta chelated minor elements. I used this for tomatoes in fruiting phase last season in a five gallon bucket recirc DWC setup. Seems like they did pretty good but being my first try and having no one to compare grows with I think maybe I could do better. The main thing I see on the analysis is the 9% nitrogen is made up of 4% ammoniacal and 5% nitrate nitrogen. Would this work well in a dwc recirculating system? Thanks in advance for the help, willyt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
happyhydro

My question here is whether the ammoniacal nitrogen is ok in a deep water hydroponics application? Thanks.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 3:43PM
homehydro

If these are nutrients designed for hydroponically grown plants, I don't understand the concern about the type of system being used. If they are not for hydroponically grown plants, I still don't understand the concern about the type of hydroponic system. Regardless, they should work the same in any system. Unless they are organic, and would benefit from larger amounts of growing medium that give beneficial microbes a good place to breed and multiply, and are necessary for breaking down the organic compounds into the raw elements the plants can actually absorb. Then the type of system, and how you set it up would make a difference.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 6:38PM
happyhydro

Thank you homehydro for the speedy reply. This nutrichem is mostly used by farmers as a foliar feed.A friend sells it and lets me have it cheap. He says the ingredients are pharmaceutical grade.It is really expensive. I had read so much about not to use urea in hydro that it made me wonder if the ammoniacal was ok.Thanks.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 12:34PM
More Discussions
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
Started the hydro garden
I watched Bobby grow long enough and got busy. I bought...
radrob
Using Gravel as a growing media
This thread is created, and only for people who have...
homehydro
Questions on passive hydro
Hello guys, I currently own a big sansevieria and want...
turbare
Hydroponically Grown Kale - Convert to Soil?
I bought a package of hydroponically grown kale plants...
eahamel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™