How many add trace elements on top of hydroponic nutrients?

vipvenomMarch 7, 2008

I have just been doing some research on trace elements needed by plants. My hydroponics fertilizer contains all of the 11 traditional trace elements except for tin, cobalt, and iodine. How would these affect plant growth? I am getting decent yields and am not that conserned but I always want to do stuff the best way possible. If you use trace element additives what results did you see?

On a side note I wonder if adding a multivitamin to hydroponics would benefit the plants in any way? Has anyone ever tried this?

TIA,

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grizzman

Multivitamins is an interesting thought I've never pondered.
The only time I added any additional elements to my plants is when I was growing squash. I bought some Pro-Tekt silicon solution. I'd read you should add that the cuke family for better yield. It didn't help. they just wouldn't produce for me. Reflecting back, I believe it was more an oxygen starvation situation. I haven't tried to grow them again though.

Bookmark   March 7, 2008 at 3:05PM
charlielittle(7)

That's what makes sewage sludge grow plants so good...all the un-digested multi vitamins! Seriously I did read an article somewhere saying that was so and have seen the remnants in the sludge with my own eyes. Mom also always adds vitamins to her outdoor tomato pots and always has great tomatoes!

Wasn't going to bring this up here but I am doing a test in a airlift bucket. Two cups of compost for bacterial starter and 1oz per gallon of a liquid multivitamin and mineral supplement meant for people. One tomato plant...

Bookmark   March 7, 2008 at 3:17PM
plantboy_grower(9)

I know a lot of the additives have vitamins and enzymes and carbohydrates - this is stuff plants use and make theirselves but if they are readily available it's easier for the plant to thrive - that's what I've been told and from above it seems like there is something to it.

Bookmark   March 8, 2008 at 7:32AM
More Discussions
Need advice on how to sell indoor hydroponic equipment
Hi there, I live in Western Colorado and have a large...
Robin Palmer
Exploring the Kratky Hydroponic method for indoor vegetable growi
I've beem OD'ing on Youtube and Garden Web exploration...
delaware
Started the hydro garden
I watched Bobby grow long enough and got busy. I bought...
radrob
cilantro grow questions
I am new to hydroponics and thought i would start with...
morb1lee
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™