Locating powdered fertilizer in Canada

biggyboyMarch 2, 2014

Hi,
I'm trying to find a supplier for powdered fertilizer like Master blend or similar in Canada.

The liquid to part fertilizer they sell at the hydroponic shops are too expensive.
The American amazon sells powdered, but the Canadian Amazon does not sell powdered.

Glen

This post was edited by Astaroth on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 17:23

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
boreal_wormer(Alta Canada)

CanadianWholesaleHydroponics.com has MaxiGro High performance one part Growing Formula

Item Description
Manufacturer: General Hydroponics
MaxiGro tm and MaxiBloom tm are extremely potent, stand-alone, water-soluble, dry concentrate nutrients. Complete in Primary, Secondary, and Micro Nutrients, pH buffered MaxiGro and MaxiBloom will provide superior results when used with a wide variety of crops in both hydroponic and soil-based environments

Note the minimum shipping charge of $13.95

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.canadianwholesalehydroponics.com

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 7:13PM
biggyboy

Thanks Boreal for the link.
Is this what you use or something different.
I currently have the two part liquid Dutch Nutrient Formula DNF
from Home Grown Hydroponics. It was $40.00 on sale normally $48.00 for the two 4 liter jugs. They told me if I bring the empty jugs in they will refill it for $10.00 less.

Glen

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 8:45PM
boreal_wormer(Alta Canada)

Glen I'm just getting started and so didn't know enough about the different types. I ended up buying a liquid (name is spam blocked here) off of Amazon.ca more because of the price and free shipping. Once I know a bit more I'll probably order something else.

I currently have a DIY WindowFarm but I'm looking into the Kratky Method (Non-recirculating air gap system). I saw the MaxiGro recommended for that.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Kratky Method: Non-circulation, non-electric hydroponic system

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 10:36PM
robert_1943

I have been using the Kratky method and with two other systems I am running, it is by far the best, just add nutrients , no pumps aerators , no blockages, its all good.just add plants and walk away , the plants will take up the nutrients during growth stages until ready to harvest.
I am going overseas for two weeks and I do not have any worries. with the Kratky system .My other two systems ebb and flow and drip systems are another story.

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 11:55PM
biggyboy

Robert????
What does your Kratky system have to do with me finding powdered fert in Canada??????
I'm confused as to why you posted that.

Glen

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:55AM
biggyboy

Boreal,
I see that home grown sells the dry items to make our own mix.
this includes the micro-nutrient too.
Comes as a six pack or individually.

http://www.hydroponics.ca/dnf_sixpack.html

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 7:39PM
PupillaCharites(FL 9a)

Here's a good quality 5-12-26 with all the micros, in Pennsylvania, USA.

Jacks 5-12-26

They say they ship to Canada. If you can't get the info from their shopping page, try emailing them for the shipping related costs.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 7:18AM
biggyboy

@ PupillaCharites,
Thanks for the link!
I'll give it a look.

Glen

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 5:30PM
GrnToe

I used the master blend and this bag of dry hydroponic nutrients side by side for a Kratky system growing lettuce and the results were Identical!

I think it is the same stuff, but pre-mixed with Epsom salts and calcium nitrate, where I had to add those things to the master blend.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 1:08PM
More Discussions
resident Teal 4s For Sale of Illinois
Quentin Townsend is a resident Teal 4s For Sale of...
daserigunimi
Need advice on how to sell indoor hydroponic equipment
Hi there, I live in Western Colorado and have a large...
Robin Palmer
Hydroponically Grown Kale - Convert to Soil?
I bought a package of hydroponically grown kale plants...
eahamel
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
What can I do to learn more about planting or farming????
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™