Growng a variety of veggies in one .

JjfelixMarch 9, 2014

HI

I'm new at hydroponics so if my question is stupid sorry. I have a 40 site system and I want to a variety of different vegetables. How do I regulate the nutirants since every plant has different needs.

Jjfelix

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PupillaCharites(FL 9a)

Good luck with your new system. It would be difficult to make separate meals for each plant in a small system when each share the same punch-bowl, and pH and EC issues also complicate life. You can make small adjustments like plant placement or restricting flows to parts of a system, but these are far from being a convenient solution to what we would like to do. For many hobbiests, having two separate systems, a high EC (stronger nute) and low EC (weaker) system gives some flexibility.

Please look at this thread and in general search the archives. If you have a specific system, and tell us the prioritized list in the order of what your really want to grow, people could give you some pointers.

Happy growing...

Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 6:56PM
Ricksindoorgarden(5A)

I have had some success growing different crops in bato buckets using the same nutrient. I always look up the range of nutrient concentration and pH each plant can tolerate and try to keep everything I grow in that range. I have also successfully used foliar feeding to supplement tomatoes growing in a vegetative nutrient mix when they required a fruiting nutrient.

I have also been feeding the plants with beneficial bacteria cultured from worm compost making a compost tea. This seems to have the effect of increasing any plants ability to uptake nutrients and even expand its pH range. I lack the analytical facilities to back this up with scientific proof but have read of the benefits and the claims seem to prove themselves in my system.

Bookmark   March 10, 2014 at 12:48PM
Happy.420

You should look into stable plant food. Avoid liquid fertilizer, think granular, and keep NPK real at 1:1:1

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 4:52AM
More Discussions
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
Hydroponics
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
Who Else Has Vertigro Stackers?
I'm curious how many people are using Vertigro Stackers...
twisted76017
Blooms dropping on Red Robin tomato in my Aerogarden, no new blooms.
I'm new to Hydroponics, I bought an Aerogarden a few...
wertach zone 7-B SC
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™