What kind of critter?

smom40(5MO)May 29, 2005

Back of the yard, near the common ground (where there are a lot of scrub-type bushes) there is a tunneling problem in the yard. Every few inches, there are holes where you can see down into the tunnel.

What kind of critter does this? Neither Dh nor I have seen any animals, but something is making these tunnels. We have no idea what steps to take next unless we know what the critter is...

Any guesses?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Are these raised tunnels that you can see winding around your yard....with occasional holes to the surface?

If so, moles AND voles.

    Bookmark   May 29, 2005 at 4:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Holes every few inches down into the same tunnel. Laterally.

moles AND voles? AGGH!

    Bookmark   May 29, 2005 at 4:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What's in my mulch?
I have a large mulch bed (the Texas native mulch that...
Chipmunks in the walls!
I've discovered chipmunks that are getting into my...
insect id
Anyone know what this little guy is? Found loads of...
Dean Maunder
Chipmunks tunnelling in garden
Apparently it is chipmunks (not the red squirrels we...
Yellow Jackets in my house.
Yellow Jackets have been getting in through a spot...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™