Ants

jesse10May 15, 2007

We recently have been invaded by some type of extremely tiny black ant. They are everywhere! If I leave a glass of anything sweet on the counter within 10 min. it's covered in these tiny little things. They recently found my medicine cabinet and love the childrens Motrin. I can't have anything out without them on it. Im not sure what kind of ant these are. They don't bite, atleast not yet and they love to travel via my base boards but will go anywhere. How do I figure out what kind of ant these are and how on earth do I get rid of them I have 3 small children.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ronalawn82(z9FL)

There are many products that are attractive to sweet loving ants and you might want to choose one that you can use in a secure fashion. 'LESCO' stores carry a good selection of such products and their advice is usually solid. There are others that are just as good.

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 6:20AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

The ants have found a good food source and that is all they are looking for. Start your control by cleaning everywhere with something containing real lemon juice or pepermint oil (they must be real, not synthetic) and then watch where the ants are coming from and put a barrier of with the lemon juice of peppermint oil there to stop them. Be sure to drive the wee buggers out and try not to trap them in the house. Once the vast majority are moved outside, where they belong, put down barriers of lemon juice or peppermint oil to keep them from those entry points and plug those entry points up with caulk. A small jar of blackstrap molasses set out and away from your house will also aid in moving the ants away from your house.

Bookmark   May 18, 2007 at 7:43AM
More Discussions
Springtails
We just bought a new home and our back yard is infested...
sthelp
Coleus crisis
I have been having a lot of trouble with my coleus...
brown_panda
DynaGrow Neem Oil application
Can DynaGrow neem oil be applied using a hose end...
luvpatch2
Do I use an Industrial Diatomaceous Earth or a Food Grade for pests?
Do I use an Industrial Diatomaceous Earth or a Food...
pectin232
Tiny black hairy caterpillars on ceanothus
Leaves on ceanothus (Joyce Coulter, I believe) are...
dawax49
Sponsored Products
Barricade Window Hardware Rings (Set of 14)
Overstock.com
Robert Abbey Ant Bee Swing Arm Pharmacy Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Ant Bee Pharmacy Floor Lamp by Robert Abbey
$346.50 | Lumens
Tinkering With Time Stylized Clock
$178.95 | Bellacor
Golden Glass Table Lamp
$169.99 | Dot & Bo
Concept II Flush 44 Ceiling Fan with Optional Light by Minka Aire Fans
$269.95 | Lumens
Papago GPS Units GPS MultiSports Watch in Blue GW770BEUS