Hydroponic Meyer Lemon

smitt5657March 31, 2014

I bought a 2-3 year old dwarf Meyer lemon this summer (July 2012) on amazon. The first mistake I made was putting it in a 10 gal terracotta pot. It did great during the summer but the problems started once I brought it back inside for the winter. The original soil I had in the pot was miracle-grow and it wasn't enough drainage, so I had feeling the roots just sat in a puddle. Anyways, I realized my mistake and I took the lemon tree out and I re-did the soil by mixing in perlite hoping to improve the soil. The tree just wasn�t looking good. It was loosing leaves; the lemons that were on it were super small and didn�t get any bigger. The leaves that were on it were turning yellow and some were curling. Any I finally decided that I needed to try something different. I put it into a hydroponic set up. I have the tree in perlite and it is in a 3 gallon bucket. The 3 gallon bucket has holes drilled in it and drains into a 5 gallon reservoir. I have a pump on a timer that then pours the water back onto the plants. The tree still doesn�t look good. How often should I water it, I have a timer so I can do whatever? How much ppm of hydroponic fertilizer does it really need? pH?

I will answer any questions you have if it helps you answer, Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PupillaCharites(FL 9a)

pH 6.0 (range 5.5 - 6.5) & EC 1.3 (that's 910 ppm - in 'ppmspeak version 700.0').

Citrus is a bad idea in hydro if the roots might get cold since that can harm the plant. The plant will do gret at 70 degrees, but not less than about 62, watching those root zone temperatures. It also prefers high humidity, like Florida... Good Luck!

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 12:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jacob3141592653589

6-8 table spoons should be enough maybe ten while it is not doing well the phone should be 6.5-7 and maybe 20-25 degrees not any colder. Get a humidifier it will help it.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Pepper Plant Fruiting
Hi, I am wondering if I can keep continuously fruiting...
StonedTree
Starting plants from grocery store cuttings
This is something that I have been playing around with...
Kyle A
Switchin on/off cycles and wheather it should be gradual?
Hello, I was recently asked if it effects the plant...
Jeremiah Landi
PonicsPal the latest in hydroponics growth management software & FREE!
http://ponicspal.com Introducing PonicsPal, the latest...
PonicsPal
beginner needs help growing english ivy hydroponically
I'm doing a little experiment with growing English...
jentsu926
Sponsored Products
Mosquito Dunks - 2 per Card - HGMODU2
$19.99 | Hayneedle
Paula Deen Home Dining Buffet - Tobacco - 932680
Hayneedle
Matrix Purple and Ivory Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$299.00 | Bellacor
Hydrofarm Dual Outlet Grounded Timer - TM01015D
$24.99 | Hayneedle
Laguna 01 Lemon Rectangular: 5 ft. x 8 ft. Rug
$389.00 | Bellacor