Resistance is Futile!

smithstudios71(5)May 7, 2014

Now, why is that not the name of a hosta?

Anyways, I found a place that is selling 2nd year liners for next to nothing, IMO. I bought a few of each so that I can pot them up and take to the farmers market. When they arrived I could not believe the size of the plants. A ton of roots on each plant.

Here is todays delivery.

Bridal Falls, Swamp Thing

Aomori Select, Surfer Girl, Secret Love, Humpback Whale

Here is the root system of Bridal Falls

Last weeks order, Cool as a Cucumber, Lakeside Midnight Miss, Katie Q, Daybreak, Abba Dabba Wow, Pure Heart, Mighty Mouse

Here there are all together

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_in_colorado

Yes, those ARE nice-sized, Devon. Look at that Humpback Whale... Very nice!

Well, as far as the name 'Resistance Is Futile' goes, put that in the 'mental filing cabinet' and when you get some nice hybrids coming along (I KNOW you will, eventually) there's a good name for one. : )

Enjoy,
Don B.

EDIT: THOSE Humpback Whales, I should say.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Wed, May 7, 14 at 23:39

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 11:18PM
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida

I found a place that is selling 2nd year liners for next to nothing and you are not sharing the name? UURG I love liners as somehow I keep running out of room. So was this a local place or mail order? Great score. Paula

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 4:45AM
smithstudios71(5)

Actually it is on ebay, goes by the name hostabargains. Looks like he used to be on the forum, a few years back. Excellent service and plants. I bought 2 Aomori Select for $2.99 each, when they arrived there were actually 4 eyes. I bought 3 big and healthy Abba Dabba Wow for $3.99 each. I also bought 10 Swamp Things and was sent 1 as a bonus and I only paid $1.99 each. As an added bonus the shipping was only $6.95 for each order.

He has a bunch left. He even has some streakers on there for really good prices. He has 1 Vivacious for $29.99 and 1 Powdered by Bob for $39.99. You are not getting the large plants like you do from some of our favorite vendors, but you can't beat the prices and the quality.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 8:36AM
More Discussions
hostanista
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
donrawson
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™