Anybody on Flickr?

charlielittle(7)March 9, 2008

Have started posting all my hydroponic pictures there.

My Flickr!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dripguy

Just joined this forum. I do plan on posting pics latter on.
Your towers look great. I've seen these several times but I don't understand the method used for nutrient deliver in the tower. Would you please explain?

Thanks!

Bookmark   March 9, 2008 at 10:50PM
charlielittle(7)

All the towers I've seen and have been able to get information for in commercial operations have a drip line feeding through the top. The tower on my back patio is full of Perlite and I'm just pouring in a nutrient solution until it starts to drip out the bottom into a five gallon bucket where there's a cereal bowl siliconed in with drain holes. My outdoor run with towers will have a drip line.

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 6:11AM
elnino(qld australia)

Hi
Some information on the towers how do you keep perlite from falling out of the tower when you are filling it up thanking you

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 8:18AM
grizzman

I always thought the vertical towers utilized aeroponics.
you can tell I haven't looked into them for quite a while.

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 11:22AM
charlielittle(7)

"how do you keep perlite from falling out of the tower when you are filling it up thanking you"

This is why I use the foam plugs. The tower on my patio was built up like this...

I first washed and trimmed all the roots of the strawberry plants as they came from the nursery. Then put them into the foam plugs and then into all the holes. Then poured the perlite in till it covered all the roots + a few inches. Then poured water in slowly till the whole column was saturated and began running out the bottom. After it quit dripping I poured in the extra again just to make sure all the perlite was saturated well.

You want to make sure you do this fast enough if it's warm so that the roots don't dry out. It seemed to have worked ok since all the plants are coming to life. You're welcome!

Grizzman it was you who suggested I use a media so if the pump went out my plants wouldn't all die? I thought I would use perlite in a few with drip emitters and misters in a couple to see if any difference...

Bookmark   March 10, 2008 at 4:48PM
More Discussions
managing large amounts of water
I am new to hydroponics but have done a 300 gallon...
Jon5
Using Gravel as a growing media
This thread is created, and only for people who have...
homehydro
Hydroponic blueberry, blackberry and raspberry
Hallo, has anybody tried black-, blue- or raspberry...
tomato_tom
DWC leaves yellowing
I have a DWC system and am using Rapid Rooter Plugs...
jjocsak
8 days into hydroponics- helpppp
Hi everyone, First time with hydroponics and first...
Odarka
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™