big fat hairless orange caterpillar in MX.

the_alpha_wolf_rules(z7 NC)June 7, 2004

I was in Mexico (guanajuato) and I saw this big fat bright orange caterpillar about... (I emphisize ABOUT) 3 1/2 inches long (again, it was a LOOONG time and could be a bigger or a little smaller. it didn't have any hair (or just a few but I didn't see any) and I think it was about to pupate.... anyway, can any one of you who live in texas or those southern states tell me about ANY orange caterpillar that's not hairy? (I've tried searching everywhere and can't find any hairless orange caterpillar! maybe I discovered a new species :P)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rfmonaco(9b Florida USA)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=hairless+orange+caterpillar&btnG=Google+Search

Take your pick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Google search

Bookmark   June 8, 2004 at 3:26AM
the_alpha_wolf_rules(z7 NC)

lol... take my pick from which? I don't see any orange caterpillars, sure, the words are there but not together (ex. the painted lady is orange.... caterpillar is black) or something like that... or maybe "black with orange spots" so really there aren't any hairless orange caterpillars there (and don't try using quotes because nothing comes up)

Bookmark   June 8, 2004 at 5:55PM
Jeanine55

I live in Oklahoma found a black, orange and yellow caterpillar w/ no hair. Looked on the internet, there he was, don't know the scientific term so I'll just say he will be a swallowtail butterfly next spring.

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 1:06AM
the_alpha_wolf_rules(z7 NC)

you know, it DOES have the skin texture like mine but mine was almost all orange.

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 2:57PM
ecicciarelli

I found 2 in my back yard yesterdy. I tried to look them up tonight and found nothing. The two I saw were bright orange about two inches long and had a face on them like a goldfish and their skin was the same texture as a snake. If anyone can solve this mystery I would appreciate it.

Bookmark   October 4, 2004 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
What's in my mulch?
I have a large mulch bed (the Texas native mulch that...
astro2014
What animal is digging this?
Saw this a couple weeks ago and it wasn't that bad,...
JackOfSomeTrades
boric acid v. 20 Mule Team borax
My beds, yard, and walkways have been invaded by colonies...
Pirata
TomCat Mole Killer?
Well as of yesterday I discovered evidence of our first...
katefisher
Digging pest?
Can anyone identify the pest digging tunnels in my...
vadxx001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™