Annabelle Hydrangea Stunted Growth - others are fine?

annabelle2010June 7, 2010

I have 5 Annabelle Hydrangeas and one is like the ugly ducking with extremely weakgrowth this year. They are all in the same spot and get same water/sun and the other 4 look good. This is 4th year and they were all fine last year. Can anyone tell me what this could be? It might get a bit more water than the others since it's in a lower spot. I have a photo of it I can show but can't figure out how to add it to this site?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Hello, annabelle2010. You have five hydrangeas in one pot? Wow! How big of pot is this one? You said that the ugly ducking is in a lower spot; is the water collecting around this hydrangea when you water? How long have they been in this pot? How big are the shrubs now?

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 10:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

To post pictures, you need to open a free account at photobucket.com. Follow the fairly easy directions on how to upload your pics to photobucket. Then right-click/copy the HTML CODE listed beneath the pic (make sure you copy the HTML code; the others won't work). Come over here to the Hydrangea Forum and in the message box, right-click/paste the HTML CODE in the message box. (You can type before and after the HTML CODE, if you want.) Click on "PREVIEW" and you will see your picture when the preview page appears. If everything is as you want it, click on "SUBMIT"--and it will be posted.

Kate

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Need help with hydrangea companions
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. It is...
suz9601
where to order hydrangea?
Hi, I want to get Zinfin Doll and Bloomstruck hydrangea...
Brooks23
Wanted: Big blooms in shade, Gulf Coast/Texas
Hi folks - I've been nursing a couple of ES hydrangeas...
cagoldbear
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
Blue Billow Hardy in Chicago (Zone 5)
Looking to see if anyone has grown Blue Billow in the...
kfless
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™